Mass Frustration

Hi everyone , today i attempted to fit Wunderlich 25mm riser kit on my 2022 Classic . All went well till i tried to start the bike after completion Then nothing and bike refuses to start never touched anything apart form changing the upper cables to fit the kit , battery all ok as it is on Optimate when not in use , still scratching my head , anyone out there had this before i ship off to BMW .

Does the bike ‘power on’ when you press the button? Do your indicators/horn work on LHS? Does the starter work at all? Surely it’s got to be a poor connection somewhere, it can’t really be anything else if that’s all you’ve touched.

I get power on , self diagnostic check , lights work , horn works , but still nothing , aaaagghghghg!!!!!!!!! if i roll the bike clutch works . still head scratching .

What exactly did you change at the bars. If it was working before and now isn't then that is something that you have done. As fleabag says, you have likely disturbed an electrical connector. Did you remove any pins in the connectors? Have you actually checked them and any plugs? The clutch switch should be your first port of call.

Did not touch anything electrical , only changed the upper clutch and brake cables for the new riser kit , never checked anything electrical i get the start up lights but nothing from the start switch .

Now the plot thickens , told it was the fob key and bike ready to collect , then low and behold i get a message please ring there is a problem with your bike went to put it on the trailor and no go , now the mechanics states there is blue fluid in the clutch fluid,and now waiting to see if they will repair it under warranty ? how do you get blue fluid with just topping up the clutch cylinder ? how can your bike be ok then its no go ? still waiting for reply from MR .BMW .

Now the plot thickens , told it was the fob key and bike ready to collect , then low and behold i get a message please ring there is a problem with your bike went to put it on the trailor and no go , now the mechanics states there is blue fluid in the clutch fluid,and now waiting to see if they will repair it under warranty ? how do you get blue fluid with just topping up the clutch cylinder ? how can your bike be ok then its no go ? still waiting for reply from MR .BMW .
The clutch fluid IS blue. I just blead my clutch line when I installed new handle bars and the fluid I bled was blue.

Now when you topped it up you do realize it is not DOT4 in the clutch reservoir, but rather a thin mineral oil ???

Back