Lost Wireless key fob

My Indian uses the turn signal switch to allow a over ride the fob by pushing in a sequential code.If your code is 8122 you then go 8 times left then 1 time right and so on.Zero is center.BMW should have a over ride system.
Another issue is buying another fob.Seems like everything is $999 now days,LOL!

So, if I'm away from home and the battery in my radio key dies, how do I put the radio key in the non existent hole in circular antenna?
I carry a couple spare batteries, but you should see a warning as the ones in the fob get weak and have plenty of time to pop a fresh one in.

To start a motorcycle without its key, you must hotwire it. The difficulty depends on the motorcycle's model and age. To bypass the ignition switch, find the connector linked to your motorcycle's ignition system.

Last edited:
So, if I'm away from home and the battery in my radio key dies, how do I put the radio key in the non existent hole in circular antenna?
The key doesn't actually insert into the antenna, head of the key just needs to be in close proximity to it. Either the spare key or the dead fob can be held close to the antenna to turn the bike on/start, also will allow for unlock steering/cases on the B/TC.

Reaching up and forward under the rear fender to the 'spot' is pretty easy on the Pure and Classic, it's a bit more restricted when reaching in on the B/TC, one member taped the key on a small extension to get it in the right spot.

I've used the spare key on a Pure, a Classic, and a TC.. it's the same on my GS too. I also carry spare batteries in with my important papers.

Hope this is helpful!
-Dave

I got the warning for the battery some days ago. So it lasted 3 years.
Not sure the replacement one will last as long as the Panasonic one.
Btw, getting a spare radio key was my first buy ...

Back