Looking for a TC with...

So, I am sold on buying a TC. I would love to get one with a black engine casing, black wheels, black forks, and lower portions. I have seen the Baggers set up in this way however, I cannot locate a TC. Has anyone seen a TC in all black??

I got my black 2022 BMW R18TC from "Cycle Werks of Barrington IL". I think they are a volume seller.

So, I am sold on buying a TC. I would love to get one with a black engine casing, black wheels, black forks, and lower portions. I have seen the Baggers set up in this way however, I cannot locate a TC. Has anyone seen a TC in all black??
TC doesn’t come in black finish, only the bagger. You can either buy a TC and powdercoat everything or buy a bagger and add the parts. Neither will be cheap.

In France the engine black finish (moteur noir) is a 250 € option, available in the configurator, with any bike color .
I see no reason why it shouldn't be the same in the US, as far as you order yours before it's built.

TC black engine option 1.jpgTC black engine option 2.jpg

Last edited:
My TC has a light colored engine case….I wish it was the dark version. But that is the only thing I don’t like about it.

The lack of the black color forks, dash, engine cover and wheels is what moved me more towards the R 18 B vs the TC; I like the TC Auxiliary Lights and the Wind Protection assets (Lower Leg & Fairing Winglets). I decide I could add the TC features to my B model.

Auxiliary Lights, TC Blinkers and Fairing Winglets cost just slightly North of $1,000.

I'm looking to purchase the Lower Leg Wind protection this weekend using the MOA discount (again, the necessary parts is just slightly North of $1k retail); not including painting of the parts.

Attached is my Model B with the TC assets:

Attachments

• IMG_20221009_155530171_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221009_155530171_HDR.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 11
In hindsight, I would have been happy with the B plus added farkles.
One pleasant surprise for me with the TC is the effective combination of its large windscreen and lower winglets.
I’ve owned 5 touring bikes and never had such a good wind protection fairing as on the TC.

Last edited by a moderator:
In France the engine black finish (moteur noir) is a 250 € option, available in the configurator, with any bike color .
I see no reason why it shouldn't be the same in the US, as far as you order yours before it's built.

View attachment 7664View attachment 7665
Thanks, I built/assembled a bike on the US version of BMW Motorrad's website. It does not provide the details and a lot of times the picture does not change.

In hindsight, I would have been happy with the B plus added farkles.
One pleasant surprise for me with the TC is the effective combination of its large windscreen and lower winglets.
I’ve owned 5 touring bikes and never had such a good wind protection fairing as on the TC.
I agree with you about the wind protection. I wanted the TC because of the look and wind protection. It's likely that I will be touring consistently with a passenger, and I want her to be comfortable.

Back