Looking for a swithched hot lead.

The accessories 12V DC socket is switched on the R18 B and TC; I'm not sure which model bike you are asking about?

You might need to get in there with a volt meter and do some probing... I'm guessing the headlight would be a good place to consider tapping power on the R18 naked models..?

I was looking at getting one of these, Im a screen person.. I saw a bigger one.. time will tell I guess. Right now I'm using a quad lock for my phone.. We will wait for your review sir.

I’m using this one. Haven’t figured out how to pair it to both phone and headset, but can pair phone to both. But then the volume is phone controlled. Granted I haven’t put a ton of effort into it as I just wanted maps/alerts while keeping my phone in pocket.

https://www.ottocast.com/products/c5-lite

Looks like $30 off today.

There are 2 switched connectors on bike that I am aware of. One under left hand panel and one under tank. I used one of these to connect my apple carplay.

https://www.bmw-gps-interface.com/bmw-r18-gps-interface/

It’s not cheap but if you had just the connector you could probably wire it yourself.
Nobody that has ever mentioned those two switched connectors, never posted a picture of the actual connector.
I have not seen one single picture, yet I've read many posts that suggest those connectors actually exist.
Can you be a true pioneer and post one or two? Especially since according to your post you actually use one of them to connect your apple car play.
Don't be shy!

Nobody that has ever mentioned those two switched connectors, never posted a picture of the actual connector.
I have not seen one single picture, yet I've read many posts that suggest those connectors actually exist.
Can you be a true pioneer and post one or two? Especially since according to your post you actually use one of them to connect your apple car play.
Don't be shy!
Well, I’m not gonna take my bike apart to take a pic, but I have the connector Cap

Here is what the cap looks like. Just need to remove using the clip

Attachments

• IMG_2344.jpeg
    IMG_2344.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2343.jpeg
    IMG_2343.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
You don't have to take anything apart. Just take the left hand panel off and show everybody how's supposed to be done.
But you won't, because you will say that you used the connector under the tank and not the one under the left side panel.
By the way, what male or female connector did you use to kook up to the connector found on the bike, whether under the tank or side panel?
A trip is worth ten thousand books...

You don't have to take anything apart. Just take the left hand panel off and show everybody how's supposed to be done.
But you won't, because you will say that you used the connector under the tank and not the one under the left side panel.
By the way, what male or female connector did you use to kook up to the connector found on the bike, whether under the tank or side panel?

I'm not sure which model R18 you currently own; I used the switches power that is present at the 12 V accessories plug on the of the Model B.

I'm attaching a picture of the electrical connectors under the tank that someone had posted a while back; removing the tank can be a little tricky, due to the fuel coupling fittings. Maybe use the Windscreen & Auxiliary Light Installation accessory installation document; it covers the removal of the fuel tank procedure and providing access to electrical connectors for the Auxiliary Lights, which I think are connected to switched power.Screenshot_20240219-061741.png
Screenshot_20240219-055118.png

Have you tried testing any of the accessible fuses for switched power; perhaps, you can tap switched power using the following spade connector (see attached example).

Screenshot_20240219-055302.png

I think I’m done with this. Good luck.

I'm not sure which model R18 you currently own; I used the switches power that is present at the 12 V accessories plug on the of the Model B.

I'm attaching a picture of the electrical connectors under the tank that someone had posted a while back; removing the tank can be a little tricky, due to the fuel coupling fittings. Maybe use the Windscreen & Auxiliary Light Installation accessory installation document; it covers the removal of the fuel tank procedure and providing access to electrical connectors for the Auxiliary Lights, which I think are connected to switched power.
Nice Detail Scott!!

Looking to hook up a wireless phone charger to the Accessory plug. This is under the left side panel of a '21 FE
Is that the right connector? and does anybody know where can I find a male connector like that?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG20240227153528.jpg
    IMG20240227153528.jpg
    256.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG20240301150617.jpg
    IMG20240301150617.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG20240301150625.jpg
    IMG20240301150625.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 21
Yes, that’s it. I don’t know where to get a “make your own” male connector but maybe getting part ID from the female may help. I purchased a premade one but I probably overpaid for it.

Looking to hook up a wireless phone charger to the Accessory plug. This is under the left side panel of a '21 FE
Is that the right connector? and does anybody know where can I find a male connector like that?

Thanks
Nicely done. Now I know what the connector looks like. Thanks for posting those pictures. I appreciate it!

Back