Long time coming! Plus a bittersweet beginning...

Folo

Morning everyone!

As per my last couple posts, I've had the R18 on the back of my mind as I crunched miles on the multi and last night I finally lubed myself up and went to the dealer. Funny enough, they had the bike outside already "on hold". Got it with select package and high seat for $14k out the door. Rode for 60 miles and the high seat is great for short jaunts but definitely need more support for my fat ass! Also, It does not have reverse? I went looking for the lever bottom left and couldn't find it, is that something you install? I'm going nuts fighting the urge to put a windscreen and bigger seat on it to prevent it from losing the "look".

Anyway, the bittersweet is that apparently the dealer had bought their 2022 inventory of R18s so they could drop the year-end incentives? I didn't realize thats a thing but the scumbags did it to then turn around and put 10% apr across the board! I fought em and got 7% but is this going on everywhere? Guess its my own fault for taking the deal anyways but I don't think I'll be spending a nickel there anymore. Anyways, time to ride!

Attachments

• 20221125_195828.jpg
    20221125_195828.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
I will say the reverse gear is nice with my sidecar.I would not really miss it if I were riding 2 wheels on my R18C.The bike is low enough that pushing it back is not a issue.My Full dress Indian does not have reverse and I love it.Most of us paid more than you for our R18s and we still love it.
Great looking picture and I really like the color scheme on your ride.The heads are awesome.If I bought another one to ride as 2 wheeler, I would look seriously at one like yours.
Be safe and Merry Christmas to yourself.Nice present!

Morning everyone!

As per my last couple posts, I've had the R18 on the back of my mind as I crunched miles on the multi and last night I finally lubed myself up and went to the dealer. Funny enough, they had the bike outside already "on hold". Got it with select package and high seat for $14k out the door. Rode for 60 miles and the high seat is great for short jaunts but definitely need more support for my fat ass! Also, It does not have reverse? I went looking for the lever bottom left and couldn't find it, is that something you install? I'm going nuts fighting the urge to put a windscreen and bigger seat on it to prevent it from losing the "look".

Anyway, the bittersweet is that apparently the dealer had bought their 2022 inventory of R18s so they could drop the year-end incentives? I didn't realize thats a thing but the scumbags did it to then turn around and put 10% apr across the board! I fought em and got 7% but is this going on everywhere? Guess its my own fault for taking the deal anyways but I don't think I'll be spending a nickel there anymore. Anyways, time to ride!
Nice looking ride. Reverse is an option. 14k otd is still a good deal dude...

I got my FE base with 89 miles for 13k has reverse.. 5.49% don’t give up the hunt. Miami BMW has good stuff too. I didn't buy there but they have good inventory.

Oh its too late man I got that one lol, took the hit but turned right back around and took advantage of their black Friday sale... Now I can properly commute and tour with it as intended. And the ergos are really comfy.

Attachments

• 20221126_161502.jpg
    20221126_161502.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
  • 20221126_194317.jpg
    20221126_194317.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 38
Morning everyone!

I tend to find that the moment we pull the trigger and buy anything (certainly of note) it’s best to resist the temptation to compare deals/prices altogether or even canvass opinion from others on what you’ve done because 1) Sod’s law says the next day you find a better price 2) even in good faith someone inevitably says you should have got better and gone elsewhere 3) either 1 or 2 takes the shine off what should be a really happy time (that bittersweet feeling) and last but not least 4) this all serves no purpose because you’ve already got it!

Just enjoy your bike, the longer you keep it the less whatever it was you paid even matters 👍

Last edited:
If you don't have a reverse gear, its not a big loss. Been riding 50 years and never had a reverse gear until the 2018 Goldwing. The reason I never used it is I was well trained as a teenager to start thinking about the parking situation while still rolling. Reverse gear is a seldom used farkle that can on occasion be useful.

Back