LMC orders?

MilwDave

Site Supporter
Has anyone had any orders filled from Lang Motor Cycles recently?
I have a rather substantial order that was placed in March and I have yet to receive a single item yet. Communication has been spotty at best and now I’m being told the shipment was returned to LMC by customs.
I don’t know if it’s been shipped out again or even where it may be since after numerous requests for tracking info noe have been provided.
This order was placed by wire transfer nearly a year ago now and I have no idea when I’ll receive the parts and components I paid for.
I am interested to hear the experiences of others who have recently ordered from Hans.

I’m in no way the same waiting period as you. I placed the order on Oct 10 and have received limited email communication. I waited a few weeks to get an email confirmation that they received the payment. I have a few pieces and a seat ordered.
I did receive an email from LMC on Dec 20 stating they were on holiday break until Jan 9th. They said my seat would go out immediately. I don’t have high hopes.

I really like their work and products but I’m not sure I’m dealing with them again. If I could trust them I would buy the oil cooler, springer front end and a few other cool parts.

Last edited:
I’m in no where the same waiting period than you. I placed the order on Oct 10 and have received limited email communication. I waited a few weeks to get an email confirmation that they received the payment. I have a few pieces and a seat ordered.
I did receive an email from LMC on Dec 20 stating they were on holiday break until Jan 9th. They said my seat would go out immediately. I don’t have high hopes.

I really like their work and products but I’m not sure I’m dealing with them again. If I could trust them I would buy the oil cooler, springer front end and a few other cool parts.
I ordered the seat and all the additional parts to install it but didn’t realize none of it fit without swapping out the rear fender. It took about 2-1/2 months from the time I placed that initial order till it arrived. Hans had told me shipping to the U.S. usually takes three weeks. But even with fabrication time this is ridiculous.
Then there is the translation issue. I double checked every message I sent and at one point he told me the pin stripe painter was way behind even though I specifically told them no pinstripe only a plain black painted fender.
So I am apprehensive what will eventually arrive.
When ordered the seat I ordered the one with the holes in the skirt and got the other version. Hans offered to swap them but I liked the look of it and kept it.

I ordered the seat and all the additional parts to install it but didn’t realize none of it fit without swapping out the rear fender. It took about 2-1/2 months from the time I placed that initial order till it arrived. Hans had told me shipping to the U.S. usually takes three weeks. But even with fabrication time this is ridiculous.
Then there is the translation issue. I double checked every message I sent and at one point he told me the pin stripe painter was way behind even though I specifically told them no pinstripe only a plain black painted fender.
So I am apprehensive what will eventually arrive.
When ordered the seat I ordered the one with the holes in the skirt and got the other version. Hans offered to swap them but I liked the look of it and kept it.
I am very interested in your struggle to obtain parts from these guys. They put out some VERY nice looking bikes. I am interested in getting the bobber style for my bike also.

I sent an email to Hans the day made the original post. As of today he has not responded.
I wired him not an insignificant amount of money for my order. It’s going on 10 months now. That’s just not acceptable business practices.

I sent an email to Hans the day made the original post. As of today he has not responded.
I wired him not an insignificant amount of money for my order. It’s going on 10 months now. That’s just not acceptable business practices.
I agree. That has got to be very hard to deal with. I hope that you get the components required to complete the look you're going for asap.

I really don’t want to get into an unlicensed pissing match with them. But the lack of communication is disturbing.
I have not received updates or tracking since before Christmas. I sent another email today and will see if I get a response. I also wired him a good sum of money and I am getting nervous.

I also don’t want to be negative on social media. His work is incredible and would like communication and the hope to buy more from them over the years.

Last edited:
I have not received updates or tracking since before Christmas. I sent another email today and will see if I get a response. I also wired him a good sum of money and I am getting nervous.

I also don’t want to be negative on social media. His work is incredible and would like communication and the hope to buy more from them over the years.
I agree 100% on all counts.
But I will be hesitant to order again. Waiting nearly a year just doesn’t work for me. What if I decide to sell the bike and I have expensive parts that haven’t arrived? Or what if the fender assembly and other items arrive with issues? My first order arrived with the box all beat up. I felt fortunate that none of the contents were damaged. This order has a painted fender amongst other items.

Reactions: e66
I just received the following reply from Hans:

“Sorry, I was in the hospital.

Monday it's going out and I'll send you the shipping number.”

So it will be at least another three weeks if it actually goes out on Monday.

I received the wrong color oil cooler. I was very precise in waht I wanted. Hans' solution was for me to mail it back & he would send the correct color & a check to cover shipping. I kept the one I had.

Hans just reached out to me. He has been in and out of the hospital dealing with a heart issue. He was deeply apologetic.
I let him know his health is the first priority and I understood.

Back