Just got a R18 Classic

Cinkor

Hello everyone,
Just got a R18 Classic with a great deal from BMW now it is next to mine R9T waiting for little warmer temperatures. It is a bit cold in the northeast to ride the hole year. My favorite trips are going towards the Catskills up on the Hudson. I saw many R9T in my area but never a R18 I maybe the first one. If I mistaken so let me know I would like to join a group of R18’s
Cheers……

Congratulations and welcome, sure would like to see a picture of both your bikes. I will make a projection that you will enjoy the R18 more on those favorite rides than the R9T. Do you plan any modifications or adding accessories to the R18?

Hello everyone,
Just got a R18 Classic with a great deal from BMW now it is next to mine R9T waiting for little warmer temperatures. It is a bit cold in the northeast to ride the hole year. My favorite trips are going towards the Catskills up on the Hudson. I saw many R9T in my area but never a R18 I maybe the first one. If I mistaken so let me know I would like to join a group of R18’s
Cheers……
Congrats. I picked up my Classic 3 weeks ago. I’m also in the Northeast, but have been riding as long as it wasn’t wet and below 40. I’ve done dry days down to 20 thus far. 800 miles on it thus far…. love the bike.

Be sure to set the preload for your riding weight… makes a big difference in comfort and handling. With only 3.5 inches in the rear, a preload set improperly can make it bottom out easily or feel excessively harsh. It won’t handle as well as your R9T or my S1000R simply given the weight and steering geometry, but properly set it carves far better than a cruiser should.

Congratulations and welcome, sure would like to see a picture of both your bikes. I will make a projection that you will enjoy the R18 more on those favorite rides than the R9T. Do you plan any modifications or adding accessories to the R18?
Thanks, I did little things on my R9T since I’m new to R18 I did not look in to it But I got immediately the comfier seat from BMW.

Congrats. I picked up my Classic 3 weeks ago. I’m also in the Northeast, but have been riding as long as it wasn’t wet and below 40. I’ve done dry days down to 20 thus far. 800 miles on it thus far…. love the bike.

Be sure to set the preload for your riding weight… makes a big difference in comfort and handling. With only 3.5 inches in the rear, a preload set improperly can make it bottom out easily or feel excessively harsh. It won’t handle as well as your R9T or my S1000R simply given the weight and steering geometry, but properly set it carves far better than a cruiser should.
Thank you for the valuable info I will do the adjustments. I got my also 3 weeks ago but had a pretty busy holiday season at work have to see how the next weekends look like.

Back