Jumping on the (B)andwagon

Alex-B

I have only owned my base R18 FE a few months and have really enjoyed it especially after some small tweaks. I made the mistake of test riding the R18B a couple of weeks ago and I have agreed a deal on a used example R18B FE yesterday which I hope to collect next week once they have fitted floor boards to it. Another owner that has made the move up as I have seen several on here do.

Attachments

• 1347A2F5-0555-4C95-A874-B1BEC7FBA3DF.jpeg
    1347A2F5-0555-4C95-A874-B1BEC7FBA3DF.jpeg
    716.8 KB · Views: 9
Brought mine home yesterday! First ed B.
How are you finding it?

I watched this review some time ago after sitting on the R18 variants at the London bike show. As an ex SGS owner and having now test ridden the R18B, I can’t believe the bias towards the HD in this review. Other than engine sound and maybe the infotainment system (screen on the BMW is far superior but no touchscreen, inbuilt nav or CarPlay) the BMW is a better bike to ride and I know it will survive in the UK climate which quite frankly, modern Harley’s do not.

I’m hoping to do my first trip into Europe on it next year.

I have only owned my base R18 FE a few months and have really enjoyed it especially after some small tweaks. I made the mistake of test riding the R18B a couple of weeks ago and I have agreed a deal on a used example R18B FE yesterday which I hope to collect next week once they have fitted floor boards to it. Another owner that has made the move up as I have seen several on here do.
Big improvement i made the switch from the Classic no regrets

Big improvement i made the switch from the Classic no regrets
I think more people will make the switch in time. I will always have a fondness for my base model, I adore it even more so with the preload adjusted, day rider seats and stage 2 DNA filter but the comfort and handling of the B need to be experienced to be believed. I will probably change the screen but don’t know which one yet.

The R18B is great on looks and ride. The sweet spot is 2,500 rpm in 4th, 5th, or 6th.

I've listed them out before but with a price difference out the door of only $3K from a Classic to a Bagger new, you're getting SO much more bike.

Tank, Suspension, fairing, TFT, fuel gauge, floorboards, rocker shifter, hard boxes, speakers, tech, cruise control with radar, seat and more.

Yup. I look at it like the bikes come in pairs. The pure and the classic then the bagger and the TC.

If you want a little more practicality to your naked ride then the classic.

If you want a little less encapsulated mile muncher, then the Bagger.

It was a little more difficult to discern as they were coming out. Now the picture seems more clear to me.

The GoldWing has the smoothest drive train of any bike out there
That is exactly why I bought it. As I slowly age out of two wheels, my lower arms have taken a beating over the years. I have moved off all of my other bikes that had even a hint of vibration. The R18 will eventually depart too. I just can’t ride it for very long without pain.

Back