Interesting exhaust options?

I bought a set of Kalinskis from Poland for my R12C

Hattech. Removable baffle with one set screw. Very pleased with mine (love that the drive shaft is now exposed). Two personalities depending on your mood (or level of indifference to disapproving neighbors).

Attachments

• IMG_6877.jpeg
    IMG_6877.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 43
I've seen some videos of their exhausts on Harleys, seems OK. Their R18 mufflers are 20% off until EOM May as well, US$319.20. It's tempting
They aren’t even in production yet.
I would want to see a set of production pipes installed. The one photo of pipes on an R18 has some sort of wrapper covering the union with the head pipe.

Also, on this topic, can anyone tell me the difference between the US Spec vs UK Spec Vance and Hines? Right now I am assuming the US Spec have the tag weld for the db killer removal screws which can be easily ground off allowing you to remove the db killers and the UK spec version are E5 homologated and have no way of removing the baffles. But this is just my assumption as I can't find any actual info on this.
That was my understanding when I was looking to order some for my R18B. Cheaper to buy from the US too even with fees etc when I was searching.

That was my understanding when I was looking to order some for my R18B. Cheaper to buy from the US too even with fees etc when I was searching.
Thanks Alex. I’ve also noticed the considerable price difference. Did you end up ordering them in the end or did you go another route?

Thanks Alex. I’ve also noticed the considerable price difference. Did you end up ordering them in the end or did you go another route?
I never bothered in the end, saw some more pics and didn’t think they fitted the B/TC as well as they could have. Looked like they were a slightly smaller diameter than the standard pipes which looked odd to me where it met the heatshield. I haven’t noticed the same issue on the R18 though

So I see most companies are offering the same uninteresting bolt on stuff, some of the prices are just insane (Remus asking $4k for slip ons? Zard $3500 for the same?!), sure there’s freedom that are well priced but the Oz importer isn’t interested in their lineup so no accessible in Australia.

So.. I see the odd concept pics with cool short shark fins but again $3-4k for 2 slipons seems mental.

Any options I haven’t seen or considered?
Are you aware of Rogue Motorcycles in Perth?

Have a look at these
https://roguemotorcycles.com.au/collections/bmw-r18/products/bmw-r18-custom-exhaust

Not cheap, but cheaper than some others.

I don't have them, but I have seen & heard them - quality looks quite good and sound was good - won't take paint off the wall, but certainly a bit louder, and I liked the tone of them.

Just a thought.
B..

Back