I Removed My Windshield And Went Riding (Wow!)

Caveman

Just for the heck of it I removed my windshield and mirrors today and went for about a 100 mile ride. Wow! What a difference. I already like this bike but removing the windshield and mirrors made a HUGE difference in how much I enjoyed my ride today. I'd forgotten how nice it was to ride a naked motorcycle. No buffeting. No wind noise other than my helmet (very little). I could clearly hear and appreciate the exhaust. The bike just felt different. It was like riding a UJM. I can't remember which writer/article said the R18 is more naked bike than it is pure cruiser was spot on. This thing is much more FUN to ride without the windshield. I took the mirrors off because it looks cleaner without them when the windshield isn't there. I don't think I'll be putting either one back on (nor the pillion).IMG_1433.JPG

I'm not too worried about it. I live in a pretty laid back state. Unless I do something stupid I doubt I'll get hassled over mirrors. It could happen but I'll take my chances.
Drive without mirrors is something stupid. Please don’t do it. Ride safe.

Just for the heck of it I removed my windshield and mirrors today and went for about a 100 mile ride. Wow! What a difference. I already like this bike but removing the windshield and mirrors made a HUGE difference in how much I enjoyed my ride today. I'd forgotten how nice it was to ride a naked motorcycle. No buffeting. No wind noise other than my helmet (very little). I could clearly hear and appreciate the exhaust. The bike just felt different. It was like riding a UJM. I can't remember which writer/article said the R18 is more naked bike than it is pure cruiser was spot on. This thing is much more FUN to ride without the windshield. I took the mirrors off because it looks cleaner without them when the windshield isn't there. I don't think I'll be putting either one back on (nor the pillion).View attachment 3162
I was wondering if one could use auxiliary lights without windshield…. Do you know if it’s possible to get them separately? If you could post picture of the front that would be helpful.

Try this view instead. It's from underneath the headlight. The four screws at the bottom are what attaches the entire light bar/turn signal assembly. The two screws on top in the middle are for the main headlight mount and having nothing to do with the light bar. Remove the four screws and the entire light bar will come off. Of course the wiring will be still attached. Hope that's more helpful.

IMG_1439.JPG

Try this view instead. It's from underneath the headlight. The four screws at the bottom are what attaches the entire light bar/turn signal assembly. The two screws on top in the middle are for the main headlight mount and having nothing to do with the light bar. Remove the four screws and the entire light bar will come off. Of course the wiring will be still attached. Hope that's more helpful.

View attachment 3176
Very much so. Thank you.

Back