I finally made the leap!

As a long time lurker (since last fall), I finally purchased a Manhattan Metallic TC yesterday from here in Colorado Springs. I’m very happy with the deal ($30K sticker, $23.5K sales price) and love the bike.

I’ve been a motorcycle fanatic since I was a kid and started riding on a Honda Z50. I’ve been through a progression of bikes since then – XR75, KE100, RD350, CB450, XS650, FT500, ZL900 and most recently a Triumph Thruxton 900.

I’ve always had a soft spot for twins of any variety, and while K1600s and Gold Wings are fantastic bikes, I don’t feel as connected to a high tech bike like that as I do with a twin. I want to viscerally feel a connection with my bike and I get that with the R18. It’s perfect as a unique, beautiful, “soulful”, comfortable weekend and occasional longer tourer for me and my wife.

Now I can start the endless task of upgrades 😉. I’ll continue lurking here on the forum - and if you see a Manhattan R18TC along the front range here in Colorado, that might be me!

As a long time lurker (since last fall), I finally purchased a Manhattan Metallic TC yesterday from here in Colorado Springs. I’m very happy with the deal ($30K sticker, $23.5K sales price) and love the bike.

I’ve been a motorcycle fanatic since I was a kid and started riding on a Honda Z50. I’ve been through a progression of bikes since then – XR75, KE100, RD350, CB450, XS650, FT500, ZL900 and most recently a Triumph Thruxton 900.

I’ve always had a soft spot for twins of any variety, and while K1600s and Gold Wings are fantastic bikes, I don’t feel as connected to a high tech bike like that as I do with a twin. I want to viscerally feel a connection with my bike and I get that with the R18. It’s perfect as a unique, beautiful, “soulful”, comfortable weekend and occasional longer tourer for me and my wife.

Now I can start the endless task of upgrades 😉. I’ll continue lurking here on the forum - and if you see a Manhattan R18TC along the front range here in Colorado, that might be me!
Congrats! I too, have the same bike. Enjoy...

Welcome aboard. You got a great deal on this bike. I paid $23.7k for a 1st edition version and thought I had robbed a bank.

Sticker $30,190
Sales price $23,499
Tax, Title, fees, etc $2,277 ($1,951 tax)
Total "out the door" price $25,776

I feel that's a very fair price. I wanted a TC since they came out, but was having a hard time justifying $30K+.

Back