Holan's Concept Exhaust

That is pricey! But I think that's the best looking aftermarket exhaust I've seen so far for the bike. I wish it was slightly more styled though.

I like my exhausts. Light, compact, accents the exposed driveshaft, fully sound adjustable.
Sound better than any others I have heard, but then I adjusted the sound to what I wanted.
Less than 75 dB at 8 feet.

Muffler.JPG

subjectively I think you are the best master at R18 disfigurement and the meanest commentator. I use soft words for the forum algorithm. You probably don't have a problem with it and I don't care, but it annoys me when you don't respect others

subjectively I think you are the best master at R18 disfigurement and the meanest commentator. I use soft words for the forum algorithm. You probably don't have a problem with it and I don't care, but it annoys me when you don't respect others
Your exhaust is gorgeous!

Respect others?
And you take stock parts, fish tail exhausts in this instance, butcher them, then try to charge 4 prices for them.
You are just here trying to con people into buying your overpriced crap parts.
I, on the other hand, am selling nothing.
Simply designing and constructing my own parts, demonstrating how easily parts can be constructed for the R18.
Willing to share complete parts list and details of how I constructed the parts.
Polished stainless steel mufflers for instance were constructed for under $100 U.S.
That after all is what BMW designed it for, ease of customization.

Last edited:
We all have our own preferences. For me, this Holan exhaust is the closest thing I’ve seen to the original BMW R18 concept as initially rendered (without the limitations imposed by mass production and government regulations). See attached images. Really like it. As for the price, the market will speak (I agree it might be a bit rich, but maybe I’m wrong… I think $1,200-$1,300 is where I’d expect/want a quality slip on to cost, somewhat in range with what competitors like Hattech charge).

Attachments

• C62DB3C3-943B-4367-9ACA-F36029812099.jpeg
    C62DB3C3-943B-4367-9ACA-F36029812099.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 32
  • C8E3C387-F833-49F9-872A-2C5CF6AA14E8.jpeg
    C8E3C387-F833-49F9-872A-2C5CF6AA14E8.jpeg
    370.5 KB · Views: 31
  • 3FA95A29-F43D-4F9F-9AF7-0AB44394E02B.jpeg
    3FA95A29-F43D-4F9F-9AF7-0AB44394E02B.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
We all have our own preferences. For me, this Holan exhaust is the closest thing I’ve seen to the original BMW R18 concept as initially rendered (without the limitations imposed by mass production and government regulations). See attached images. Really like it. As for the price, the market will speak (I agree it might be a bit rich, but maybe I’m wrong… I think $1,200-$1,300 is where I’d expect/want a quality slip on to cost, somewhat in range with what competitors like Hattech charge).
If the Holan exhaust was in that $1,200 to $1,300 price range, I’d have ordered a set already.

One of the aspects which I find most visually pleasing about the concept exhaust is that the mufflers end at the rear wheel. I’m thinking that they can do that, while not creating an abbreviated, stubby look, because the whole exhaust is more narrow (sans heat shields) from the headers on down than ours.
What I’m seeing here are nice slip-ons. They’re much more interesting than the dozens of cylindrical options, sure. They’re most true to the concept to date, yes. But a) they’re not nearly as pretty as the concept pipes they’re emulating (for the aforementioned reasons) and b) they’re easily 2 times too expensive.

/either that or the concept is actually longer than the production bikes.
//uh-oh

Last edited:
Agreed Vonic. The concept bike also wasn’t handicapped with the need for cats (allowing for a simple aesthetic somewhat narrow header and pipe). I’m still waiting for a holistic option that includes elimination of cat and ecu tuning/flash. I went with Hattech, and I’m happy with the quality, price, appearance and sound… but I got tired of waiting for the all-in-one solution.

Attachments

• 9548AB80-B24F-44BD-8E41-979DCCE4EF9B.jpeg
    9548AB80-B24F-44BD-8E41-979DCCE4EF9B.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 30
The fishies are like no other. Everything else is a variation on a past theme.

Haha. Just poking the bear. 51 flavors for a reason.

Seriously tho I think Ducati has the right idea by hiding them completely. I would like to see other manufacturers work towards that.

every time I exchange e-mails with the manufacturer, I suggest lowering the price. I quote the words of the manufacturer: "If good design were cheap, everyone would do it. It is related and you cannot get around the amount of work, time ..."
for me personally, this exhaust, apart from the design, which is an individual matter, has another advantage: it allows you to resign from the factory steel elements to which the original exhaust and most of the tuned ones are attached. this significantly reduces the weight of the motorcycle

My exhaust are built exactly as I wanted them.
1. 10% of the weight of the factory exhaust
2. Completely displays the exposed driveshaft
3. Adjusted to the exact sound I was wanting.
4. Sound can still be tweaked by removing one(1) bolt on each muffler, without removing the mufflers from the bike, changing the baffle configuration or packing material.
5. Does not look like someone took a hacksaw to the stock exhaust
6. Cost less than 10% of the price you are asking.
7. All parts to construct it yourself readily available from Amazon.
8. All polished stainless steel construction.
I would say that that constitutes a much better design.

Last edited:
you can lower the value of your R18 by 90% - because you write as if you were going this way
It hardly affects the value of the bike since it can be totally returned to show room stock in about 1 hour.
Bolt on parts to a motorcycle add zero resale or trade in value, so spending over $3,000 on your exhaust is the same as flushing it down the sheeter, your logic is severely flawed.
All you do is hawk parts for someone else.
I found your side hustle.

Last edited:
every time I exchange e-mails with the manufacturer, I suggest lowering the price. I quote the words of the manufacturer: "If good design were cheap, everyone would do it. It is related and you cannot get around the amount of work, time ..."
Until someone does it cheaper and better and then miraculously they find cost cutting strategies ...

Back