Hi

Hope you don’t mind me uploading a picture. We had to travel from Glasgow to Shewsbury to get the Spec we wanted. (600 mile round trip roughly). I have to say highly recommend the Shewsbury team. Unfortunately after about 280 miles we got an error. Diagnostic have said we had a single misfire on the left cylinder so in at dealer being checked now. Tech thought it may be a software issue. Other than that what a dream bike to ride - we are all very lucky people 😄

Attachments

• IMG_3780.jpeg
    IMG_3780.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3778.jpeg
    IMG_3778.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2434.jpeg
    IMG_2434.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 41
New R18 Owner from Glasgow UK
Welcome to the forum and huge congratulations on your new bike.
Hope they find the issue which is very likely to be an electronic gremlin. A couple of weeks ago I had a similar red message telling me I had a flat tire and to stop immediately whilst travelling at 70mph on the M25.
Luck as there was not puncture or drop in pressure so I carried on to my house for another 10mls or so.

Hi Folks just a quick update on our issues. Bike recovered and diagnostics showed we had a single misfire in the left cylinder on one stroke of 280 motorway miles !! The error seemed a bit of an over reaction but better safe than sorry. Took 20 mins to fix tiny adjustment to fuelling and reset and test ride - picking it up all fixed tomorrow.

Just a tip when I phoned the recovery line they were going to charge me because I wasn’t on the system (bike 48 hours old). thankfully the agent persevered and eventually used a temp contract to provide great service 👍

Glad to learn everything is sorted for you and you will have your bike tomorrow. Did you get some sort of BMW recovery/assist with the bike purchase?
To be honest I can’t remember the perks I have apart from warranty until Oct 2024

Glad to learn everything is sorted for you and you will have your bike tomorrow. Did you get some sort of BMW recovery/assist with the bike purchase?
To be honest I can’t remember the perks I have apart from warranty until Oct 2024
Thanks Anibal yes you get a 3 year warranty in the UK which includes breakdown so it was all covered thankfully.

Ahhh, that is good to know. I remember the advert did mention BMW breakdown but to be honest, I have not read the paperwork in detail. It does mention the 3 years warranty and all the little extras that came with the bike but I guess I better read it properly. I am due to meet the dealer the 12th or 13th of August as he is organising a ride out and breakfast/lunch with a few owners locally and I will ask him as well. Hope everything goes sweet for you today mate.

Ahhh, that is good to know. I remember the advert did mention BMW breakdown but to be honest, I have not read the paperwork in detail. It does mention the 3 years warranty and all the little extras that came with the bike but I guess I better read it properly. I am due to meet the dealer the 12th or 13th of August as he is organising a ride out and breakfast/lunch with a few owners locally and I will ask him as well. Hope everything goes sweet for you today mate.
I hope the weather improves! Which dealer BTW?

Thanks Buddy do you have the emergency number for Call-out ? I have stored the UK one in my phone if it helps it is 0800 777 111. Have a great ride out in August 👍

Hello and a very warm welcome to the forum from the Lincolnshire wolds. That is a belter of a bike you have, I wish you many thousands of happy and safe miles on her.
I have a 2021 R18 FE, purchased with just 400mls on it when it was 12months old ( ex BMW demonstrator)
Lets hope you never have to use the Bmw assist again, When I called them to recover me after a rear wheel blowout, after waiting for 10 hours by the side of the road they failed to turn up! Luckily I am also a member of the AA and they did the deed in less than 40 minutes. My R18’s had to have it’s L/H piston replaced at 1000mls due to the cylinder honking out excessive smoke, also I have had the tracker removed due to it draining the main battery in less than 10 days. It’s also going to be picked up by the main dealer next week to have a final drive leak investigated (oil getting onto the tyre)…….
I do suggest you keep an eye on this forum, there are many helpful members with a huge amount of experience on the machine.
Ride safe and enjoy 😎

I hope the weather improves! Which dealer BTW?
It is the dealership in Witham, Essex. It is on J22 of the A12.
If you are interested I can give you his details via PM or I can ask him to add one more rider to the group. They are not sponsoring the event, they are only organising the ride out, riding with us, tea, coffee and biscuits at the dealership before departing and then God knows where we are actually going, although I don’t anticipate more than 100mls round trip, maybe Finchingfield which is a very popular village that attracts hundreds of bikes over the weekends.

Thanks Buddy do you have the emergency number for Call-out ? I have stored the UK one in my phone if it helps it is 0800 777 111. Have a great ride out in August 👍
Fab. I will save this number now on my phone. Thank you for sharing it.
You too have a great season and stay tuned, loads of info constantly being exchanged here.👊👊👊

Hello and a very warm welcome to the forum from the Lincolnshire wolds. That is a belter of a bike you have, I wish you many thousands of happy and safe miles on her.
I have a 2021 R18 FE, purchased with just 400mls on it when it was 12months old ( ex BMW demonstrator)
Lets hope you never have to use the Bmw assist again, When I called them to recover me after a rear wheel blowout, after waiting for 10 hours by the side of the road they failed to turn up! Luckily I am also a member of the AA and they did the deed in less than 40 minutes. My R18’s had to have it’s L/H piston replaced at 1000mls due to the cylinder honking out excessive smoke, also I have had the tracker removed due to it draining the main battery in less than 10 days. It’s also going to be picked up by the main dealer next week to have a final drive leak investigated (oil getting onto the tyre)…….
I do suggest you keep an eye on this forum, there are many helpful members with a huge amount of experience on the machine.
Ride safe and enjoy 😎
Thanks Alf I appreciate the welcome. Also thanks for sharing the story it sounds like you have been through a bit of a time. Two lessons for me because the bike is ‘an extra’ for my wife and I we don’t always get the miles in we would like but your experience says we need to ensure regular use to spot any issues (or at least that’s what I will tell my wife 😄)

My insurance jumped from £100 per year for a K1600 to just under £600 through BMW. Interestingly they also have increased my excess and put in must be in a Garage 24/7 if at home or you're not covered. The K1600 was only after 22:00.

Apparently, it is due to high thefts (or they are just rippling me off 😄). I was thinking of a tracker but your experience has educated me so I will just stick with hiding an Apple Air Tag on the Bike like I did before 😄

Great forum thanks to all the friendly likeminded people 👍

Thanks Alf I appreciate the welcome. Also thanks for sharing the story it sounds like you have been through a bit of a time. Two lessons for me because the bike is ‘an extra’ for my wife and I we don’t always get the miles in we would like but your experience says we need to ensure regular use to spot any issues (or at least that’s what I will tell my wife 😄)

My insurance jumped from £100 per year for a K1600 to just under £600 through BMW. Interestingly they also have increased my excess and put in must be in a Garage 24/7 if at home or you're not covered. The K1600 was only after 22:00.

Apparently, it is due to high thefts (or they are just rippling me off 😄). I was thinking of a tracker but your experience has educated me so I will just stick with hiding an Apple Air Tag on the Bike like I did before 😄

Great forum thanks to all the friendly likeminded people 👍
Well, my M1800R was short of £400.00 fully comm and including commuting. The bimmer went to 1G under the same conditions because they class it as a high purchase vehicle. I fought a bit harder with my broker and eventually I got it for £781.00 providing it has datatag and the biggest chain and lock money could buy and top rated. I said no to the tracker because they did not accept a monimoto or anything else not Tachman approved and installed. So my plan is to install one that does not require the bike battery as a power source but purely for my peace of mind. At work I have anchors on the concrete floor and I chain the bike to that. Have been thinking of another lock for the rear wheel. I have it immobilise and alarmed as well as a bike cover to make her less visual in the car park. At home she sleeps in my garage and the car is parked right against the garage door so no chance of taking her away that easily.

Have a look at this, it is a good research conducted by Bennetts which happens to be my broker.

https://www.bennetts.co.uk/bikesoci...ks/how-to-choose-the-best-motorcycle-security

Back