Hello.

Jezza2

As a newbie I'd just like to say how much I look forward to many discussions regarding this dream of a bike. Mine is a 2021 18 Classic with only 1 option that being engine bars, Its heavy!!
Not sure yet how to open a new subject but in my ignorance I'll go straight to it!
I would like to know whether someone has fitted a BMW Navigator 6 mount cradle, if so how did you get on, in particular locating control/wiring connections?

Can't help you with eh Nav6 question, but welcome to the board! I've only had my R18B for a couple months and have gained a bunch of knowledge from the folks on here!

As a newbie I'd just like to say how much I look forward to many discussions regarding this dream of a bike. Mine is a 2021 18 Classic with only 1 option that being engine bars, Its heavy!!
Not sure yet how to open a new subject but in my ignorance I'll go straight to it!
I would like to know whether someone has fitted a BMW Navigator 6 mount cradle, if so how did you get on, in particular locating control/wiring connections?

Welcome. Someone may have the exact answer for you but one thing I would say is be very careful before you even think of tapping into the wiring loom on the R18. It’s got a CANBUS system that’s very sensitive to any changes or adaptations. If you meddle it may well start throwing up fault codes.

I installed a Garmin XT on my first addition. I obtained a a harness from FMS to power it from my accessary socket. I don’t know what mount you plan to use for you Nav VI but one these y connectors will work. I am not familiar with the R18 B but I am sure you have an accessary socket some place and these y connectors are plug in no spicing wires and it won’t interfere with the camBus and it is switched power. the accessory socket does stay on for 15 or 30 seconds after the power is switched off. Hope this is helpful.
https://fmsaccessories.com/nav-wiring-connection-harness

Last edited:
Thanks all for your inputs. The mount I plan to use is the one as in the pic attached. It has 2 plugs, one for power and the other for ??? Can it be a connection for Canbus to acquire telematry?
Having telemetry displayed is not important on this bike, but if its free !!!
05D99477-C9B1-4D4B-8E62-9714BD362CBC_4_5005_c.jpeg

Back