Hello from New Jersey

I bought a 1250GS last year and love it, after test driving a r18b a few times. I decided to buy the r18b and Its great- getting used to the weight and slow maneuverability has been interesting- on the open road its awesome.
Congratulations... Post some pictures of the new ride; any modifications on the horizon? Which EXIT...??

Last edited by a moderator:
I am exit 8, but over in Lawrenceville.

I added engine guards, leg rests, the TC seat, and recently a larger screen(Juroc). I am experimenting with wind dams on the fairing to reduce the head shake when on the highway. Here’s a pick the day I bought it…

Attachments

• 70266737850__ED1CB1D5-C70D-48B1-B735-F7E1D5A912ED.jpeg
    70266737850__ED1CB1D5-C70D-48B1-B735-F7E1D5A912ED.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 19
I am exit 8, but over in Lawrenceville.

I added engine guards, leg rests, the TC seat, and recently a larger screen(Juroc). I am experimenting with wind dams on the fairing to reduce the head shake when on the highway. Here’s a pick the day I bought it…
That's a great color... Any chance was the stock seat the 719 style?

The OEM TC Winglets work well.

I've added the engine protection bar, fairing Winglets and the lower leg wind protection, as well as the auxiliary lights and directionals typically found on the TC. Also added the Jekly & Hyde exhaust system.

Screenshot_20230621-064455.png

It is def growing on me, I like the look and it drives great on the highway or back roads. I am still struggling with the head shake on the highway above 55mph. I installed the larger Jurock screen and the winglets in the side of the cowling and I still get the head shake- long distance could be a problem. It seems to be coming from over the engine and up into my helmet

It’s a handful at slow speeds, but that is just practice.

I've tried the Classic, and although heavier than my Sport Glide, it was really a delightful ride, but a different experience. The Harley kind of masks it's massiveness between your legs... With the BMW and those huge jugs out there, knees in the breeze, keeping things cool, it is noticeable to me, how much lower the center of gravity is on the Classic. It just absolutely is smooth as butter 2000 to 4000 rpm in Roll mode, and much, much more tame at idle at 900 rpm.

I ride like an old man, I cruise, so riding with a bunch of old geezers ( Mac, the oldest in our group is 82 years old and still riding) there's no foot peg or floor board dragging going on, it's a very, very relaxed riding pace. I won't be worrying about it if I buy a R 18.

Back