Hello from Michigan

bmg50

Elite Member
Hello from the motor city everyone!

New to the site. Going on my third BMW, second boxer, a new R18 order arriving in about a week. Joined to keep up with R18 news, mods, accessories, and help out anyway or anyone I can with info. etc.

Can’t wait til it’s home, then wait out the rest of winter to ride. Went with non 1st edition, all black, optioned it up. Plan to swap out stock fishtails, or ceramic coat to black until exhaust options become available.

Glad to meet everyone!

Dave

Dang. I'm waiting for my R18 to arrive so I can tough it out in the Tennessee winter. Michigan! That's gonna be gnarly.
Are you sure it's gonna be a First Edition or maybe it'll be the Special Edition? My dealer told me that the First Editions are all out and the Special Edition replaces it, with the option to get cruise control as a bonus.

Dang. I'm waiting for my R18 to arrive so I can tough it out in the Tennessee winter. Michigan! That's gonna be gnarly.
Are you sure it's gonna be a First Edition or maybe it'll be the Special Edition? My dealer told me that the First Editions are all out and the Special Edition replaces it, with the option to get cruise control as a bonus.

R18 gets delivered today, can’t wait! They didn’t call it a Special Edition, it’s R18 with the factory options, it’s special to me though!

Attachments

• 734AD937-A081-418F-9D5F-F132CC5FA4C1.jpeg
    734AD937-A081-418F-9D5F-F132CC5FA4C1.jpeg
    291.2 KB · Views: 14
R18 gets delivered today, can’t wait! They didn’t call it a Special Edition, it’s R18 with the factory options, it’s special to me though!
It doesn't really happen unless we see pictures. Wow you have cruise control! You lucky dog!

Cruise control 😍😍😍. If it is not the first Edition, maybe the only differences will be: Not Firs Edition Emblem; and the Fuel Tank and fenders totally in Black (no twin straps) This situation ”allows“ you, from my point of view, to customize your bike with the beautiful black finish in all the Roland Sands accessories instead the Machined color. I like the most those black version, actually if I could choose, I would preferred the Black fuel tank and fenders. Congrats for your purchase!!,

Thank you , yes simple, more black less chrome, they all look good to me though. Just left dealer for paperwork, took this photo so here she is. More pictures when it gets delivered home later.

Attachments

• 6233998C-DD60-45CF-9044-0031CE1E12F8.jpeg
    6233998C-DD60-45CF-9044-0031CE1E12F8.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 18
oh boy i could barley wait a few weeks for mine to come, I hear your pain. Hang in there, it will be worth the wait, by April hopefully more accessories become available too.

I look every week for someone to announce accessories. I have talked to National Cycle about flyscreens, etc. They bought two r18’s so they could model off them. They tell me to expect soon.
Also wud like to purchase a chromed heel/toe shifter for that cruiser look...and hoping for a chromed parcel carrier for the open rear fender.
Champing at the bit.....

she’s home now, looks so good in person compared to these photos,

Attachments

• EBB07FF7-B337-44D3-8C16-A9888FCC5AE9.jpeg
    EBB07FF7-B337-44D3-8C16-A9888FCC5AE9.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 17
  • 03985E3A-496F-4650-803E-BE60C29F9906.jpeg
    03985E3A-496F-4650-803E-BE60C29F9906.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 17
Glad to meet you as well. Assuming your dealer is BMW Motorcycles of SE Michigan? Great folks over there and quite a bit larger than BMW Motorcycles of Detroit. I'm sure I will be spending time at both dealerships this summer. Look forward to meeting perhaps or even getting in a ride together. Hurry up spring!

Back