Heli-bars popularity

• Thread starter Deleted member 1344
  • Start date
Houston.....How messy was the clutch and brake line replacement? I once put ss braided clutch lines on an R1200C and pumped the clutch for over an hour trying to get air out.

If it wasn't 42 screws maybe:LOL:. I absolutely love taking stuff apart and putting it back together, so it was a very fun and satisfying job for me. I have got to say coming from the HD world, this bike is built like a tank! Every single piece I removed just felt quality. I don't even feel like I can compare this bike to my old HD road glide ultra, this one is in a league of it's own!
I too whent from a HDTCU 2008 Ultra glide to a 2022 R18TC I guess I need these bars lol

Were you able to bring the bars closer to you than the stock bars?
Some have said the Heli bars only raise the elevation, not increase pullback.

Were you able to bring the bars closer to you than the stock bars?
Some have said the Heli bars only raise the elevation, not increase pullback.
Didn't feel much pull back on mine, but the angle is definitely better so it feels like it's closer to me. BMW has a new set of bars for the TC and B called Bagger Handlebars 15", and this might be the solution for us with short arms.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-05-22 093044.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-22 093044.png
    929.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot 2023-05-22 093028.png
    Screenshot 2023-05-22 093028.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 13
Got them installed this morning. It was really not that difficult, just time consuming. instructions provided were good. took me 4 hours because I had to wait for O' Reiley's to open because I didn't have a T55 to get the bar ends off. Took her out for a test spin and wow, these handlebars are game changers for me. This bike is absolutely perfect now lol.
Houston,

Do you recall how much clearance the bars had between them and the fairing/infotainment plastics? I'm citing your "R18 Stripped inner fairing.jpg" where you can see the bar holders clear as day. When you put your plastics back on, about how much clearance between them and the metal bar holders are there?

Thanks!

Mike

Back