Has anyone purchased an extended warrantee?

1911tex

Site Supporter
My '21 F/E still has 8 months of factory warrantee remaining. I was advised by a couple of BMW dealers across the country that as long as I was still under original warrantee I could purchase a one year BMW extended warrantee for the amazing?? low price of $1200 ! I have never purchased an extended warrantee for cars, appliances, etc. Has anyone jumped into the factory E/W? Thoughts?

I bit the bullet and got the full extended warrantee for mine; time will tell if it pays off but it does lend one confidence when piling on the miles. It's a lot of clams for the R18 ESA, a fair percentage of the cost for a nice used R18 complete.

Question: Has the high cost of the extended warrantee ever paid off once the factory warrantee expired? I don't mean having the confidence of having the ESA, that is a given...but actually used in a repairs that would cost more than the ESA cost....thanks

I primarily decided to go with the R18 B instead of a HD Road Glide or Street Glide because of the past reliability of my 2008 GS Adventure; I put close to 100K miles on it without any major failures or issues... I'm expecting the same reliability on the R18 platform...

I paid for the extended warranty when I got mine new. $3200 and it doubled the factory warranty to six years. Fingers crossed I never have to actually use it but I have a weird belief that having good insurance is what keeps bad things from happening.

Dunno about in the states but here in UK unless its changed you could carry on your warranty with monthly payments , come winter time if you do not ride you suspend it which i thought was a good deal .

Back