HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY

Happy Veterans Day to the folks that served.

Vietnam 1969-71

View attachment 7762
40 years since I served as a bomb disposal diver in the British Royal Navy. Ajax Bay, Falkland Islands. Very proud to have been part of such a great brotherhood. The veteran camaraderie reaches across many nationalities.

Attachments

• 6E8FEF24-E77D-4A1C-BB84-1D02F69BFB4B.jpeg
    6E8FEF24-E77D-4A1C-BB84-1D02F69BFB4B.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
40 years since I served as a bomb disposal diver in the British Royal Navy. Ajax Bay, Falkland Islands. Very proud to have been part of such a great brotherhood. The veteran camaraderie reaches across many nationalities.
Thanks for your service.

boatloads of respect to our veterans. When I graduated college, the first thing I did was run down to the air force recruiting office. Big plans to go to Officer Candidate School, serve 20 years, retire as a colonel, then go back into the civilian workforce. Got down there, and at the end of the interview / paperwork process, I was rejected because I had had a history of childhood asthma. I was sooooo bummed!

boatloads of respect to our veterans. When I graduated college, the first thing I did was run down to the air force recruiting office. Big plans to go to Officer Candidate School, serve 20 years, retire as a colonel, then go back into the civilian workforce. Got down there, and at the end of the interview / paperwork process, I was rejected because I had had a history of childhood asthma. I was sooooo bummed!
Thankfully life turned out pretty good regardless, I hope.

Thankfully life turned out pretty good regardless, I hope.
Indeed. Went back to school for a masters degree and then completed all the coursework for a Ph.D. but stopped short of finishing my dissertation. I've had a 35 year long fulfilling professional career. Still... it hurts my heart to have NOT been able to serve. My dad was in the Navy and it was important to me...

Indeed. Went back to school for a masters degree and then completed all the coursework for a Ph.D. but stopped short of finishing my dissertation. I've had a 35 year long fulfilling professional career. Still... it hurts my heart to have NOT been able to serve. My dad was in the Navy and it was important to me...
Definitely sounds like a successful outcome to me. I was lower deck but my son is a Captain in the British Army Intelligence Core and currently serving in Augusta, GA on secondment to the US. He is an Afghanistan veteran and still only 28. Very proud of him.

NYC/NJ Thanks those for their service

Attachments

• IMG_20221111_184426.jpg
    IMG_20221111_184426.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 1
Back