Greetings from Chandler, Arizona.

PaulGinAZ

Site Supporter
Hello everyone-- My name is Paul, and I just recently added a leftover 2022 BMW R18B to my small fleet. I have been a BMW owner and rider since about 1995, having owned a bunch of K-bikes, followed up by a series of GS bikes when I moved to Arizona in 2004.

I currently have a 2020 BMW R1250GS Adventure that I bought as a leftover in 2021 and then this R18B from a dealer in Las Vegas. Mine doesn't have the radar cruise control, but has everything else. I'm trying to get adjusted to the shifter on this bike as well as the massive increase in weight, but the bike is charming for what it is.

Lots of mods on the way, including a tune, V&H exhaust, windscreen, and a few other steps to make it my own.

Looking forward to contributing and learning along the way.

1.jpg

6.jpg

-Paul

Last edited:
Welcome aboard and congratulations on your purchase. You will get used to the shifter in no time, trust me. Same thing with the weight, soon enough you will be tossing her around. Do treat her with a little respect and you will be fine.
Enjoy it

Hello everyone-- My name is Paul, and I just recently added a leftover 2022 BMW R18B to my small fleet. I have been a BMW owner and rider since about 1995, having owned a bunch of K-bikes, followed up by a series of GS bikes when I moved to Arizona in 2004.

I currently have a 2020 BMW R1250GS Adventure that I bought as a leftover in 2021 and then this R18B from a dealer in Las Vegas. Mine doesn't have the radar cruise control, but has everything else. I'm trying to get adjusted to the shifter on this bike as well as the massive increase in weight, but the bike is charming for what it is.

Lots of mods on the way, including a tune, V&H exhaust, windscreen, and a few other steps to make it my own.

Looking forward to contributing and learning along the way.

View attachment 12076

View attachment 12077

-Paul
Welcome from Scotland

Welcome to the club! I've had mine for about four months, and it did take some getting used to with the shifter and the weight, but I love it. I understand not many people think much of these bikes, but I think it's a beautiful mix of the past and present. No bike is perfect, and I get BMWs are expensive for service, but it's what I chose to ride. If the engine were new, I'd understand some of the concerns, but this motor is tried and tested, so I'll keep riding!

Back