Fuel Warning stays on with a full tank

Hoping to get some guidance, Recent purchase of a FE and have just ridden it for the first time. As is common there was very little fuel in the bike when delivered, so my first stop was at the local fuel station. Filled up all good. Rode on for another 10 miles or so and noticed that the fuel warning was still displayed and the mileage counter was still counting up. I assumed the warning would go out after riding down the road after refuelling, but no. Am I missing something? Do I need to reset the warning manually? As the BMW dealer I bought it from is 70miles away - any help appreciated.

Someone will know for sure but if this was a more old fashioned bike I would say the float in the tank was just stuck down (from being idle). You may well find that just using it and running the tank down sloshes the fuel around and jiggles it into life. I’d give it a week or two before booking it in with the dealer.

Oh no, not another bad fuel tank strip :). My GS had two of them replaced
That is ‘kinda’ good to know that I’m not the only one who’s ever had this issue. It was picked up by BMW last week and they have confirmed that it is the Fuel Level Thermositer that needs replacing (had to look it up as I thought they were winding me up i.e. ”the Flux capacitor’s faulty” :) ) Anyway, turns out it is a very real thing and I am awaiting an ETA for when they will get one in, sort the bike and get it back to me.

That is ‘kinda’ good to know that I’m not the only one who’s ever had this issue. It was picked up by BMW last week and they have confirmed that it is the Fuel Level Thermositer that needs replacing (had to look it up as I thought they were winding me up i.e. ”the Flux capacitor’s faulty” :) ) Anyway, turns out it is a very real thing and I am awaiting an ETA for when they will get one in, sort the bike and get it back to me.
Oh its a thing The GS is notorious for them failing persistently and often… usually 300 miles from a gas station :)

Back