Front engine cover removal

Hi guys I bought a carbon fibre front engine cover to replace the chrome one on my First Edition, took the bolts off but there is no clearance to remove/replace the cover, anyone know the proper way to replace this please?

I just downloaded the installation directions from the BMW Motorrad site; it's definitely more complicated than what I thought it would be. The installation requires supporting the engine and removing engine - frame struts:

Screenshot_20240404-091626.png

Attachments

• 77015A40367_Motorghaeusedec_vorn_0L31_01_202109 (1).pdf
    17.5 MB · Views: 10
I just downloaded the installation directions from the BMW Motorrad site; it's definitely more complicated than what I thought it would be. The installation requires supporting the engine and removing engine - frame struts:

[/URL]View attachment 13862
Thankyou Scott yes it is more involved than what I first thought, I am wondering why you need to remove the both frame strut's, surely once one is removed it will give clearance for the cover to be removed.

Thankyou Scott yes it is more involved than what I first thought, I am wondering why you need to remove the both frame strut's, surely once one is removed it will give clearance for the cover to be removed.
The SA was under the impression that only one side needed to be removed, but he did note he had to remove both to get the RSD plate on, due to its thickness. If I remember correctly Ulrich did the job himself so he may be able to give better insight to the job

Yup, I had to remove both sides for the RSD ... but there is a top engine mount as well that you don't have to remove .. and that makes it easier .. you only 'support' the engine from below to take the weight of that mount .. everything will align on reassembly quite nicely.
It looks a lot more complicated than it is .. just take your time ... easy piecey ... just use good tools otherwise this could be a bitch ... BMW loves their strange locktight.

Yup, I had to remove both sides for the RSD ... but there is a top engine mount as well that you don't have to remove .. and that makes it easier .. you only 'support' the engine from below to take the weight of that mount .. everything will align on reassembly quite nicely.
It looks a lot more complicated than it is .. just take your time ... easy piecey ... just use good tools otherwise this could be a bitch ... BMW loves their strange locktight.
Yeah I do not have any way of jacking mine or supporting the engine yet. I really need to get that Stabi X518

Back