Exhaust Servos (part deux)

So, after having (gritted and gnashed teeth) installed FPE exhaust, I discovered a problem... The on/off of the exhaust flaps is crazy. I had previously disabled the flaps mechanically (IE, removed the metal cables the servos pull), but they are a gigantic pain in the ass on the R18 compared to the R9T to remove and reattach.

As such, wondering if anyone has photos/video of where the servos themselves are to see if dropping servo buddies in, and being able to swap them out would be easier than messing with the flaps themselves. Any help would be appreciated. I did have to loosen the plastic boxes the cables run into, but didn't take them off (needed slack). Do the servos live in the boxes?

So, after having (gritted and gnashed teeth) installed FPE exhaust, I discovered a problem... The on/off of the exhaust flaps is crazy. I had previously disabled the flaps mechanically (IE, removed the metal cables the servos pull), but they are a gigantic pain in the ass on the R18 compared to the R9T to remove and reattach.

As such, wondering if anyone has photos/video of where the servos themselves are to see if dropping servo buddies in, and being able to swap them out would be easier than messing with the flaps themselves. Any help would be appreciated. I did have to loosen the plastic boxes the cables run into, but didn't take them off (needed slack). Do the servos live in the boxes?
Search the forum before starting a whole new thread about the servos; I've personally removed the cabling and the entire assembly for another forum member - it's extremely easy and clean. You'll find lots a great pictures and such, the "servo buddy" modules also work well.

Back