Dyna beads

... tried them in my Harley ... didn't like it (pain in the @$$ with tubes) ... went back to weights ... just my 2¢ ;)
I originally put Ride-On in my 2002 Valkrie tube tires...no problems for 6 years except for replacing worn tires 5 times and adding Ride-On each time, balanced perfectly. Sold the bike at 81k miles....Put Ride-On in my 2008 Valkrie with tube tires, had a puncture with 2 roofing nails at the same time (2 different spots) in the rear tire in 2010 12k miles. Did not realize there was puncture for 3 days when I routinely checked the tire pressures...rear tire was 3# low so out of caution checking the rear tire....found the 2 culprits! Pulled and patched the tube and replaced the tire/tube at 16k miles. Also had a 2017 Valkrie, same song. Sold the Valkrie in 2022 with 72k miles on 5th set of tires and purchased my to date 2021 R18FE....and of course again added Ride-On again tube tires. Did not remove weights. No problems to date with 5200 miles. Balanced perfect. Ulrich I would sure like to hear about what caused your "pain" putting Ride-On in the tubes..should be no different than tubeless tires..goes into the schrader valve? Nothing that could aggravate me as sitting on the side of the road in Texas heat with a flat tire. Cheap insurance for brother bikers. I just added the FOBO 2 bike tire pressure system...have no clue to its long term value.

EDIT: I contacted FOBO to ask if Ride-On was problematic when using the FOBO 2 tire pressure system. The quickly responded that the ROBO system is hermetically sealed....not a problem.

Last edited:
I originally put Ride-On in my 2002 Valkrie tube tires...no problems for 6 years except for replacing worn tires 5 times and adding Ride-On each time, balanced perfectly. Sold the bike at 81k miles....Put Ride-On in my 2008 Valkrie with tube tires, had a puncture with 2 roofing nails at the same time (2 different spots) in the rear tire in 2010 12k miles. Did not realize there was puncture for 3 days when I routinely checked the tire pressures...rear tire was 3# low so out of caution checking the rear tire....found the 2 culprits! Pulled and patched the tube and replaced the tire/tube at 16k miles. Sold the Valkrie in 2022 with 72k miles on 5th set of tires and purchased my to date 2021 R18FE....and of course again added Ride-On again tube tires. Did not remove weights. No problems to date with 5200 miles. Balanced perfect. Ulrich I would sure like to hear about what caused your "pain" putting Ride-On in the tubes..should be no different than tubeless tires..goes into the schrader valve? Nothing that could aggravate me as sitting on the side of the road in Texas heat with a flat tire. Cheap insurance for brother bikers. I just added the FOBO 2 bike tire pressure system...have no clue to its long term value.

EDIT: I contacted FOBO to ask if Ride-On was problematic when using the FOBO 2 tire pressure system. The quickly responded that the ROBO system is hermetically sealed....not a problem.
Ahhh I think I misread ... my response was in regards to 'Dyna-Beads' ... not in regards to 'Ride-On' ... that one sounds like a great product and as most things I will give it whirl
;) and I won't have to worry about any sensors ... got an FE .. doesn't have any :D

The only caveats installing Ride-On, NOT in the instructions..that I want to share is (don't laugh):

1) With each bottle comes a 12+/- inch plastic tube and core remover. Put knee pads on. Raise each wheel off the ground. I use a Kern-stabi X5. Anything you have will suffice. Drink a cold beer between wheel jobs.
2) Using the supplied core remover... UNSCREW THE CORE BY EASING IT... TO BARELY LET OUT RELEASING THE AIR...UNSCREW TOO MUCH...IT WILL SHOOT OUT WITH AIR PRESSURE AND YOU WILL SPEND AN HOUR TRYING TO FIND THAT LITTLE BUGGER or worse, pulling it out imbedded in the palm of your hand. When installing core back into the valve...only screw finger tight...do not tighten with a closed or open end wrench! Instructions advise against over tightening.
3) Plastic tube: Push it on the threaded valve stem 3/4 the way... and ESPECIALLY push the tube on the plastic bottle nipple as far and tight as possible! If not pushed hard on the nipple, hand pressure squeezing product into the valve may pop the tube off the nipple and you will have a glob of product on the tire side and floor.....don't ask me how I know! I usually hold the tube onto the nipple with my non-squeezing hand. If you do accidentally get a blob on the floor, turn the bottle vertical, squeeze some air out then suck the blob back into the bottle. Lesson learned.

That is it......SIMPLE! Otherwise just follow simple installation instructions on the bottle. Most important are correct dosage..do not overfill. Website will give the dosage based on tire size. I ordered 3, 8 oz. bottles for my 19"/16" tires and had 1oz spare.

Most likely the easiest, least expensive and most rewarding/confident thing you can do to your BMW of any model!

Last edited:
The only caveats installing Ride-On, NOT in the instructions..that I want to share is:

1) With each bottle comes a 12+/- inch plastic tube and core remover. Put knee pads on.
2) Using the supplied core remover... UNSCREW THE CORE BY EASING IT... TO BARELY LET OUT RELEASING THE AIR...UNSCREW TOO MUCH...IT WILL SHOOT OUT WITH AIR PRESSURE AND YOU WILL SPEND AN HOUR TRYING TO FIND THAT LITTLE BUGGER..when installing core back into the valve...only screw finger tight...do not tighten with a closed or open end wrench! Instructions advise against over tightening.
3) Plastic tube: Push it on the threaded valve stem 3/4 the way... and ESPECIALLY push the tube on the plastic bottle nipple as far and tight as possible! If not pushed hard on the nipple, hand pressure squeezing product into the valve may pop the tube off the nipple and you will have a glob of product on the tire side and floor.....don't ask me how I know! I usually hold the tube onto the nipple with my non-squeezing hand. If you do accidentally get a blob on the floor, turn the bottle vertical, squeeze some air out then suck the blob back into the bottle. Lesson learned.

That is it......SIMPLE! Otherwise just follow simple installation instructions on the bottle. Most important are correct dosage..do not overfill. Website will give the dosage based on tire size. I ordered 3, 8 oz. bottles for my 19"/16" tires and had 1oz spare.

Most likely the easiest, least expensive and most rewarding/confident thing you can do to your BMW of any model!
Not sure how I could ride bikes for 50 years before learning this. I’m apt to try it.

I originally put Ride-On in my 2002 Valkrie tube tires...no problems for 6 years except for replacing worn tires 5 times and adding Ride-On each time, balanced perfectly. Sold the bike at 81k miles....Put Ride-On in my 2008 Valkrie with tube tires, had a puncture with 2 roofing nails at the same time (2 different spots) in the rear tire in 2010 12k miles. Did not realize there was puncture for 3 days when I routinely checked the tire pressures...rear tire was 3# low so out of caution checking the rear tire....found the 2 culprits! Pulled and patched the tube and replaced the tire/tube at 16k miles. Also had a 2017 Valkrie, same song. Sold the Valkrie in 2022 with 72k miles on 5th set of tires and purchased my to date 2021 R18FE....and of course again added Ride-On again tube tires. Did not remove weights. No problems to date with 5200 miles. Balanced perfect. Ulrich I would sure like to hear about what caused your "pain" putting Ride-On in the tubes..should be no different than tubeless tires..goes into the schrader valve? Nothing that could aggravate me as sitting on the side of the road in Texas heat with a flat tire. Cheap insurance for brother bikers. I just added the FOBO 2 bike tire pressure system...have no clue to its long term value.

Original Valyrie 1500 from 1997-2003 used tubeless tires. Valkyrie Rune from 2004-2005. Next generation Valkyrie 1800 from 2014-2015. There is no 2017 Valkyrie.

Original Valyrie 1500 from 1997-2003 used tubeless tires. Valkyrie Rune from 2004-2005. Next generation Valkyrie 1800 from 2014-2015. There is no 2017 Valkyrie.
My Valkyrie had tube tires. 2002 was a new Valkyrie....2008 and 2017 is when I purchased used very low mileage Valkyries (both less than 2k miles), not the date of mfg. These were terrific bikes! I will try to find an old photo and post it.

Last edited:
Back