Does the 2022 R18 Transcontinental First Edition come with the "swag" box?

Keehn

Site Supporter
Elite Member
Hey everyone.

Quick question. When I bought my TC, the dealer didn't mention anything about the swag box that the original First Edition models came with. It's a box that has a BMW ball cap, a hardcover book, a couple roundels and some other souvenir-esque swag that's pretty cool to put up on a shelf.

Since mine is also a First Edition, would it also qualify for the swag box? Or am I mistaken?

Mike

Hey everyone.

Quick question. When I bought my TC, the dealer didn't mention anything about the swag box that the original First Edition models came with. It's a box that has a BMW ball cap, a hardcover book, a couple roundels and some other souvenir-esque swag that's pretty cool to put up on a shelf.

Since mine is also a First Edition, would it also qualify for the swag box? Or am I mistaken?

Mike
From my understanding the dealer received a "swag" box per each 1st edition. I got one with mine. I'd definitely contact the dealer, the copper emblems are really cool.

From my understanding the dealer received a "swag" box per each 1st edition. I got one with mine. I'd definitely contact the dealer, the copper emblems are really cool.
Copy. I just emailed my sales rep for my swag box. I see you have the TC as your profile pic, so I'm gonna assume the First Edition TC's also qualify.

I put down quite a bit of coin for this bike, so I want to get everything BMW offered with this motorcycle!

Mike

Copy. I just emailed my sales rep for my swag box. I see you have the TC as your profile pic, so I'm gonna assume the First Edition TC's also qualify.

I put down quite a bit of coin for this bike, so I want to get everything BMW offered with this motorcycle!

Mike
Yes mine is a loaded 1st Edition TC. If you haven't seen them already, the leg rest that go over the heads are very comfy and worth the $200.

I got a response from my sales rep. He forgot to mention that my bike also came with it and I can come by and pick it up ;).

So, that answers my question on whether the "First Editions" come with swag boxes or not.

Mike

Yes mine is a loaded 1st Edition TC. If you haven't seen them already, the leg rest that go over the heads are very comfy and worth the $200.
I went ahead and special ordered the leg rests now before inflation and further supply chain issues make them a near-unobtanium item in the near future. At $200 USD currently, it can't be beat.

Mike

The swag box is only for the ones that actually have the FE package correct?
That is correct. So long as the R18 is the "First Edition", even if it's a 2022 year model. My suspicion is because the Transcontinental didn't make it during the initial R18 run, that the 2022 was given the First Edition blessing anyways, which is awesome for me personally, because I was hoping I wouldn't miss out on the all-black with white heritage pin striping. I got HISTORY with that pin striping! Here's a pic of me back in 2012 with my old R1200c with a similar paint scheme...and some kids who keep following me around and call me "dad" for some reason :ROFLMAO:. JOKING!!!!

Kids and I.jpg

Friedenfels, I don't know what to tell you. My dealer said my 2022 R18 TC First Edition comes with a swag box, so I'll post pics when I go pick it up to make sure we are all on the same page.

Mike

Straw, I was wondering if you have to remove the black wind stops. Not much room there.

my leg rests are in at the dealers, I just have to pick them up and make sure I use blue locktite

Thanks

Straw, I was wondering if you have to remove the black wind stops. Not much room there.

my leg rests are in at the dealers, I just have to pick them up and make sure I use blue locktite

Thanks
No you don't have to remove the lowers. They fit right on the crash bars.

Attachments

• 20220327_145721.jpg
    20220327_145721.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
  • 20220327_145733.jpg
    20220327_145733.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
Finally heard back from BMW Customer Service. The response was that any promotional items would have been shipped with the bike, and would come from dealer. Trying to understand the inconsistency here as a few of you are getting the box with your First Edition TC, and it appears I'm out of luck. Called customer service and they referred me back to dealer. Ugh.

I didnt buy the bike local, he is 800 miles away, and seems to believe no SWAG. Not a huge deal, although would have been nice to have. I'm more disappointed in the inconsistency and do-loop routing than anything else.

Thats a bummer. Then again, might be a good way to find which local dealers go above and beyond.

1658159975270.jpeg
This is for the R18 and R18Classic. Probably the same. Might be worth a shot.

Finally heard back from BMW Customer Service. The response was that any promotional items would have been shipped with the bike, and would come from dealer. Trying to understand the inconsistency here as a few of you are getting the box with your First Edition TC, and it appears I'm out of luck. Called customer service and they referred me back to dealer. Ugh.
My dealer had to request the FE swag box from BM UK, not sure of how it worked overseas 👍👍

Back