Different Canbus?

Got this email. Anybody know if this?
I wonder how the fender or the seat interface with the can-bus system? LOL

Of course the lighting & signal components do but figuring out that part of the problem should be relatively easy. There have been those types of electrical issues already addressed on this forum. I personally wouldn’t be discouraged from purchasing the kit if only just for the seat and fender.

I wonder how the fender or the seat interface with the can-bus system? LOL

Of course the lighting & signal components do but figuring out that part of the problem should be relatively easy. There have been those types of electrical issues already addressed on this forum. I personally wouldn’t be discouraged from purchasing the kit if only just for the seat and fender.
Clearly it's the lighting, and I, like you, think this is not unique. That is what has me wondering. Possibly the motherland is not aware that we have been messing with it for years. Shshshshshsh

Clearly it's the lighting, and I, like you, think this is not unique. That is what has me wondering. Possibly the motherland is not aware that we have been messing with it for years. Shshshshshsh
I’m a little annoyed with the motherland right now anyway…with the lack of promised goods and service information support…she’s been a real bitch!! She can can her bus for all I care at the moment! 🤣🤣

I’m a little annoyed with the motherland right now anyway…with the lack of promised goods and service information support…she’s been a real bitch!! She can can her bus for all I care at the moment! 🤣🤣
Blaming bmw for the shortages of parts and accessories is equivalent to blaming tire rack for the up and coming tire/rubber shortage.

Blaming bmw for the shortages of parts and accessories is equivalent to blaming tire rack for the up and coming tire/rubber shortage.
Many of us were on the receiving end of BMW promises last year. They’ve managed to continue production during all of the “shortages “ and even introduce new models but somehow can’t manage to produce promised parts and accessories? Your analogy is ridiculous. Do your homework.

Many of us were on the receiving end of BMW promises last year. They’ve managed to continue production during all of the “shortages “ and even introduce new models but somehow can’t manage to produce promised parts and accessories? Your analogy is ridiculous. Do your homework.
I have so much stuff on back order from Europe, Japan and China it's crazy. Fenders, misc fittings etc that were once plentiful are nowhere to be seen. My painter body work guy has customers driving bent up cars for 6-8 weeks waiting for parts. My homework goes well beyond bmw not having bobbles affected by the issues of the world.

But then again I am sure the conspiracy folks see this as the great bait and switch. With bmw laughing away while not making any money on accessories. Makes complete sense to irritate your customer base on purpose and just fir grins. Complete sense.

I have no idea about you or where you reside. But you have the entitled American thing down pat.

edit: and splendid job of turning a question about canbus differences to being, again, about you.

I have so much stuff on back order from Europe, Japan and China it's crazy. Fenders, misc fittings etc that were once plentiful are nowhere to be seen. My painter body work guy has customers driving bent up cars for 6-8 weeks waiting for parts. My homework goes well beyond bmw not having bobbles affected by the issues of the world.

But then again I am sure the conspiracy folks see this as the great bait and switch. With bmw laughing away while not making any money on accessories. Makes complete sense to irritate your customer base on purpose and just fir grins. Complete sense.

I have no idea about you or where you reside. But you have the entitled American thing down pat.

edit: and splendid job of turning a question about canbus differences to being, again, about you.
"I have no idea about you or where you reside. But you have the entitled American thing down pat." And with that comment you have the arrogant elitist BS down pat as well. I AM ENTITLED ONLY because in consideration of their promises, I paid them and they took my payment. I would GLADLY return my bike for a full refund and call it a day. Of course we "entitled Americans" don't easily give up...so why don't you show us how it's done.

In an attempt to bring this thread back to its topic, what exactly would be involved in attempting to rig this fender and side plate carrier to u.s. version bikes?

In an attempt to bring this thread back to its topic, what exactly would be involved in attempting to rig this fender and side plate carrier to u.s. version bikes?
Thank you! (I never intended to somehow set-off Gr8adv but I certainly managed to! "conspiracy folks"? "bait and swithch"? Hell I'm just a hot rodder trying to find a shop service manual!!) The "entitled American" way would be to first try to use the signals, lights, and harness that you're removing from the OEM. The alternative would be to precisely match the total electrical loads of the OEM loads you're replacing. If the canbus doesn't "see" an issue there won't be one. Perhaps Holan and Black Dog will weigh in...I think they're already went down this road. Good luck!

Good call. Not sure what brought on the ever present whining about BMW again.

We all have been working around canbus since the inception. I thought it odd that they at least insinuated that it would not work due to the US Canbus system being different. I was never aware of that. I am curious as to what the variations are.

Back