David from Ohio

Hello all, new forum member but have owned my TC since last April. This is my second BMW, my other is a 1999 K1200LT. I have put around 7K miles on the TC last year and loved everyone of them. I have had no issues besides some slight issues with the Media play and maps. On long trips I prefer to use my Garmin XT, I find it more intuitive and easier to plot trips on BaseCamp on my laptop and upload to the Garmin.

Has anyone found a good source for a service manual?

You can also use BaseCamp and import routes into the Connected app. Note that when using BaseCamp you should name your waypoints in order alphabetically, like such:
01- Start
02- Lunch
03- End
Otherwise the Connected app could bring in the waypoints in the incorrect order, otherwise it works just fine.

And BMW is no longer offering service manuals.

You can also use BaseCamp and import routes into the Connected app. Note that when using BaseCamp you should name your waypoints in order alphabetically, like such:
01- Start
02- Lunch
03- End
Otherwise the Connected app could bring in the waypoints in the incorrect order, otherwise it works just fine.

And BMW is no longer offering service manuals.
I have not tried to import the route yet. I will give that a shot. I normally do number my stops when I create routes, it helps me quickly make adjustments or know where I am going next.

Any 3rd party service manuals? I know Clymer has been out of the business for a few years, any others?

Thanks,
David

I've used the Harley Davidson ride planner in order to plan riding routes; it's free (login required), allows exporting and importing into the BMW Connect application.

Some great servicing resources within the forum; you can try searching the different topics.

Back