Customs R18

Has anyone mounted the Akra exhaust (complete or slip ons) onto the R18FE? Evidently the Vance & Hines version built for Motorad only fits later models, not the First Edition. I am looking to replace my fishtails…

Has anyone mounted the Akra exhaust (complete or slip ons) onto the R18FE? Evidently the Vance & Hines version built for Motorad only fits later models, not the First Edition. I am looking to replace my fishtails…
First Edition is simply a package available in the first model year on each of the R18 models that added some chrome bits, special badging and packaged several options together. The Pure & Classic (naked) are basically one bike with some accessory packages & the B & TC are another (fairing). Aftermarket exhausts for the Pure & Classic are interchangeable. However if you had the OEM saddlebags for the Pure which is the only model with the fishtail exhausts & switch to more traditional exhaust like the V&H, the bags will look much higher mounted which is why they say incompatible. The biggest challenge with exhausts and bags is clearance, so if you have no bags for your Pure (fishtail model), any exhaust that works on the Classic will work on yours, but you will potentially need some additional mounting hardware from the Classic.

Back