Customs R18

Not for me, but very nice FCR version

custom-bmw-r18-sport-edition-fcr-original.jpg

Marcus Walz is starting to go the way of several other modders, which is a shame. All form at the expense of function. The exhausts are too low; the seat is too low - never mind that it is bound to be an absolute bum-killer. The rear indicators are too small and probably also function as tail and brake lights - sexy but could no doubt see one being run over. No rearview mirrors. If it is not street-legal and practical, it is motorcycle art - only fit for the well-heeled's man caves.

VTR Customs erste BMW R18 - Miss Fisher! (1000ps.at)

Exquisite! The seat is placed further back than that on the OEM bobber kit, which seems better.
You cant beat the art deco original for my taste but this is the best real world alternative I have seen to date. It all works and looks very high quality and notice they have used the Hat Tech exhaust. I can imagine BMW looking at this for reverse inspiration for future models. Cant see the front indicators though.

You cant beat the art deco original for my taste but this is the best real world alternative I have seen to date. It all works and looks very high quality and notice they have used the Hat Tech exhaust. I can imagine BMW looking at this for reverse inspiration for future models. Cant see the front indicators though.
Agreed - it is mostly their colours and how they applied them. The indicators might be blacked-out bar-end ones. There are, however, a couple of 'off-spec' details, IMHO. The clutch and front brake controls are not new, probably lifted off another build and they, as well as their fluid reservoirs, are just wrong here. Beringer® would have been the better choice; Master cylinder - Beringer Brakes (beringer-brakes.com). The oil cooler cover, in particular, is tardy, and the bobber seat mechanism a bit industrial, hopefully not the final version. The missing rearview mirrors is inexcusable. We often see modders simply leaving things off if they run out of ideas, the rearview mirrors and front fenders being popular victims.

Hattech® actually offers several slip-ons for the R18 already; https://www.hattech.de/index.php?k=467&lang=eng.

Last edited:
The bobber spring seat looks great but they seem to be very low. I'm 195cm tall and had to have the tall version of the stock seat which I have adapted to and the bobber style would definitely cripple me. Nice to see these customs though.

Back