Clearwater Lights

R2K

Site Supporter
Elite Member
I called Clearwater to ask if they had a CANopener application for the R18. They said they haven’t been able to evaluate a bike in the shop to develop a CANopener application. They could provide a standard set of lights for the bike. But without the CANopener you lose all the functionality that it provides, such as Billie Brake capabilities, 4way flasher integration. They have looked at the bike in the dealership. They would need a bike for a week to complete the design. They are located in Rancho Cordova, California. I am sure they would reward the volunteer with a set of lights. Lord knows we need a good way to add lights to the rear of our bikes and Billie Brake light would really do the trick. Anyone close enough to help them out?

That does look like a good idea. When I rode back from picking it up my wife said that she could not see me from the back at all. Black bike wearing all black leather.

I received a similar email The Billie Brake will work without the CanOpener, but only as a simple tail/brake light when wired directly into the OEM tail/brake wires. They are crazy bright and would help the limited visibility problem of the R18. I have a set on my GSA and they work very well.

GS_billie_brake.jpeg

Back