Changing handlebar

Hello,

has someone changed the handlebar already?

I'm thinking about it, but do look for some tips on how to do it?

For example, it looks like on the left hand you'll pull the wires through the handlebar with the grips. While on the right side you disconnect them at the grips and then pull them backwards through the handelbar.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Funny thing about that... back when the R18 was new and they were showing a video of various industry personalities riding R18s that were set-up differently, using the factory accessories, those that were not running the stock bar had the wires routed externally. I figure that they were too lazy to tackle the job of changing wire length to suit the change in bar length.
Personally, I've never seen a motorcycle with which the wires can't be routed through a one-piece tubular handlebar. Been there.. done that... too many times.

I ordered the 6.5" extended hydraulic lines & wire harness with the $500 accessory credit I received for the floorboards not being available for the classic. Of course they are not in stock with and ETA of September. We'll see about that. BMW really dropped the ball on availability of accessories when the played it up as they did in the video series.

I ordered the 6.5" extended hydraulic lines & wire harness with the $500 accessory credit I received for the floorboards not being available for the classic. Of course they are not in stock with and ETA of September. We'll see about that. BMW really dropped the ball on availability of accessories when the played it up as they did in the video series.
Agreed. Spectacular failure by the OEM. The 'First Edition' ended up being the Fools' Edition.

Handle bar position. I tried as much as possible backwards. the limit is when the turn indicators are about to touch the reservoir when at max turn left or right .
the riding sensation are much better , really good. 20210608_103028.jpg For me at least . 1.8m .

Back