Can someone validate the insanity ...

I wasn't going to buy an R18TC but the bike, and current incentives, keep drawing me back. Consequently, I'm getting ready to take the plunge in spite of owning an R18C FE. Objectively, the decision to own both models is suspect, so I'm looking for subjective feedback from others who made the same decision. Has anyone made a similar move and regret it? If your stable includes an R18/C AND a R18B/TC do you enjoy having both? Do they both get ridden regularly?

For my part, I'm planning use the R18C as a solo mount. I'll install a rack in place of the pillion seat, Sargent solo saddle and I'll likely remove the windscreen. It will be a great short(ish) distance mount and commuter bike (plus it will look really cool). The TC will be the two-up rig and road sofa when I feel like being encapsulated in comfort.

First world problems I know, but can I get validation of the brilliance of this strategy from someone who has taken a similar approach or is considering it?

Last edited:
Diversify! There are many other amazing brands - buy Triumph, Royal Enfield, Harley or smth else. Yes, it might be more expensive considering current R18 incentives but you wont feel like you are riding the same motorcycle but with a fairing.

Last edited:
I finally broke down and traded in my 2002 R12C, for another R18, this one a 2021 R18 Classic FE used with a few thousand miles on it from MAXBMW. Sad to see the old one go, but we had a lot of great miles and I will most assuredly ride the R18C more.

I wasn't going to buy an R18TC but the bike, and current incentives, keep drawing me back. Consequently, I'm getting ready to take the plunge in spite of owning an R18C FE. Objectively, the decision to own both models is suspect, so I'm looking for subjective feedback from others who made the same decision. Has anyone made a similar move and regret it? If your stable includes an R18/C AND a R18B/TC do you enjoy having both? Do they both get ridden regularly?

For my part, I'm planning use the R18C as a solo mount. I'll install a rack in place of the pillion seat, Sargent solo saddle and I'll likely remove the windscreen. It will be a great short(ish) distance mount and commuter bike (plus it will look really cool). The TC will be the two-up rig and road sofa when I feel like being encapsulated in comfort.

First world problems I know, but can I get validation of the brilliance of this strategy from someone who has taken a similar approach or is considering it?
Good luck, here are two examples I have followed and the price dropped on both. The one in WA has 147 miles on it. Not sure where you live, but crazy deals if another R18 will nicely compliment your stable. 🍻🍻

https://www.brotherspowersports.com...1&s=Year&d=D&t=preowned&fr=xPreOwnedInventory

https://www.indianmotorcyclecharlot...Indian-Motorcycle-Charlotte-12941332?ref=list

I had a '21 Classic First Edition. The buffeting was terrible, and my wife HATED riding passenger on it. Plus it was lower to the ground and bottomed out on the gate when I had to load it onto a trailer. Sold it and bought a '22 TC instead. Everyone is much happier now. Wife loves it, I love it, ground clearance is better... And that stereo! Whew!

Nice! I got the same one in the same color. Not my first choice. I wanted black, but the wife liked the green.
Yeah, not my first choice in color either. Certainly a bit bland in pictures. To my eye, looks a little better in person. In my case, it's the only TC the dealership has in stock. Fortunately, the deal they put together made the color much more attractive. I will likely add the Roland Sands cylinder head covers. I'm not wild about the brushed aluminum and the head covers will provide some needed contrast.

Back