BMW Seats

What are everyone's thoughts on available R18B seats from BMW? Am I right in thinking there are 3? Base model, comfort, and Option 719?

I was trying to order a bike with the 719, but haven't seen all 3 next to each other to see the difference.

I've owned a K1600B with the low seat before so assuming the R18B base model is similar.cosySec(2).jpgcosySec(1).jpgScreenshot_20220906_182726.jpgScreenshot_20220906_100931.jpgScreenshot_20220906_182726.jpg

Last edited:
standard and 719 are same profile just different design, high comfort adds about an inch and a half. Depending on your height, high comfort might be well worth it; I know it was for me. Unfortunately I like the look of the 719 the best.

Thanks - that's exactly the info I was looking for. My wife is challenging with seats because obviously she wants something comfortable, but not so high that it impacts where the passenger backrest sits on her back...

Thanks - that's exactly the info I was looking for. My wife is challenging with seats because obviously she wants something comfortable, but not so high that it impacts where the passenger backrest sits on her back...
Boy do I sympathize with that sentiment! My wife hated the stock seat so I upgraded to the weekender.. But then she was sitting too high and the backrest was too low, and wind buffeting terrible. Ended up having to buy the transcontinental to get her 'happy" as a passenger.

Boy do I sympathize with that sentiment! My wife hated the stock seat so I upgraded to the weekender.. But then she was sitting too high and the backrest was too low, and wind buffeting terrible. Ended up having to buy the transcontinental to get her 'happy" as a passenger.
Yep - that's exactly my fear. Gotta keep her happy :)

standard and 719 are same profile just different design, high comfort adds about an inch and a half. Depending on your height, high comfort might be well worth it; I know it was for me. Unfortunately I like the look of the 719 the best.
Agreed.. The 719 Seat is a good looking seat; it will be my replacement seat should my standard B Model seat become damaged in some way..

Was actually researching this myself. I would like the ribbed seat for my bagger...don't suppose anyone has a part number for it by chance?

Attachments

• WM2BVOCYWVAETKUB6JQXXP5FLA.jpg
    WM2BVOCYWVAETKUB6JQXXP5FLA.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 27
  • 18_183_s.jpg
    18_183_s.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 2021-BMW-Motorrad-R18B-Bagger-R18-Transcontinental-Revealed-13.jpg
    2021-BMW-Motorrad-R18B-Bagger-R18-Transcontinental-Revealed-13.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 29
The R18TC seat is really nice for a passenger. It is wide and has a nice fill beneath it.

I'm just waiting and hoping for passenger armrest on the TC. Emailed Wunderlich and they replied that they would send my request to engineers and may even be working on them already. So if you are wanting them as I am, email wunderlich and let's see if we can get enough people requesting them and get the ball rolling quicker.

I understand that Frank. My bagger Harley has a great rider seat but the passenger seat tapers off narrow and down. Has good optics. The down side is it's a poor choice for a chic to sit on behind you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only owned one Russel seat in my life and it multiple times better than the stock seat. I cannot tell you how amazingly comfortable this seat is. It is form fitted to your entire bottom and upper legs.

Back