BMW R18 Homage seat install

NP,

Now that you’re several months into the bushing mod … how has it held up? Is it still functioning satisfactorily and safely? Any changes, mods, etc since your last post? I need another “project!”

TIA!

NP,

Now that you’re several months into the bushing mod … how has it held up? Is it still functioning satisfactorily and safely? Any changes, mods, etc since your last post? I need another “project!”

TIA!
It has held up like it will hold up with no issues long term.... so all good.

I have continued to play a bit.... mostly for some thing to do.

I like the basic Homage seat look... so wanted to see if I could add a cover that would aid comfort, not make the seat look ugly (a personal view thing) and be easily removable if I want the raw homage seat look..... so I added the sheep skin. The sheep skin lifted bum comfort a bit... but.... I was hoping for a bit more.

So... I bought a sheet of 10mm gel and added that.... it sat between the seat and the sheep skin.... and seemed to broaden the pressure points.... and didn't make the seat with the sheep skin look any bigger/worse..... so.... being the ideas man I am.... I bought a second sheet and added that.... it fitted in ok and also didn't make the seat with the sheep skin look any bigger/worse in my eyes.... and it has got me to the point that on 1.5 hour rides to somewhere.... and the 1.5hr ride back I get home and realise I haven't thought about seat comfort, hips etc. So I'm done on playing with that.

And with the rear "soft bushes" I did buy some medium ones and install one soft and one medium (instead of 2 soft).... just to see... but nothing huge there.

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the delay in responding! I am curious as to how the skate bushes are wearing and if there have been any problems with you fastening arrangement?

Thank you for the reply and sorry for the delay in responding! I am curious as to how the skate bushes are wearing and if there have been any problems with you fastening arrangement?
No wear on the bushes (the bushes I used have a hard collar insert) and no issues with the fastening.... I did remove the rear bolts and place some blue lock thread on them.... just to be sure. All looks like a long term ok mod.

Hi all!
I am a short guy 5'5" with a 29/30 inseam, weighing 138 lbs.

Just picked up my bike yesterday.

I got the stock two person seat.
I rode a bit today.
I feel like I am moving around a bunch, finding it hard to reach the foot controls, and it makes me very, very nervous.
This on top of getting used to a new bike that weighs considerably more than my last bike, purrs and shakes differently.

I came from a Honda Rebel 1100 DCT recently. Before that I had a Road King, a Sportster.
For my Road King, I used a super-reach seat from Harley. For my Sportster, I had a Hommage-like seat.

Can the Hommage seat be helpful to this short, small rider?
What do you think?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment IMG_0945.jpeg

I am not short, but I do have the Hommage seat. I really don’t think it will solve your problem. I think it is actually taller than stock and certainty has less of a bucket feel, if anything it makes you feel less secure. There is zero padding and no give to it at all especially for a smaller pilot. just a guess based on my experience and your description of what you are trying to accomplish.

IMG_0427.jpeg

I’m 5’6” and installed a homage a couple weeks ago. I used the DK Design mount plate which had some adjustability. With the seat all the way forward and the extra half inch riser I find the position pretty spot on now, no more shitting in a bucket feeling. No issues reaching ground. I just need the handlebars to come a smidge back. Considering beach bars but unsure on which ones.

I am not short, but I do have the Hommage seat. I really don’t think it will solve your problem. I think it is actually taller than stock and certainty has less of a bucket feel, if anything it makes you feel less secure. There is zero padding and no give to it at all especially for a smaller pilot. just a guess based on my experience and your description of what you are trying to accomplish.

View attachment 13128
Thank you.
I ordered a solo bench seat from the dealership today, which they are willing to let me try. Didn't have to pay them to order it. So, I will try that and see if that stops me from floating around (in the stock two person seat) Like I do now.

Had a great 60 mile ride today.

Back