BMW OEM side bags

Hello
I was using my BMW OEM (actually produced by SW Motech) side bag (16l each side) for quite a while. I was caught by a heavy rain today when travelling to Norfolk and it failed. There is moisture at the bottom of the bag which is quite unfortunate as until now everything which was BMW branded was top notch quality wise. Anybody else had the same problem? Can this be fixed ?

Are these the canvas ones? Are they the ones that come with rain covers to be installed when it rains? Not sure if they are or not, just curious...

Yes, the canvas bags. No, a rain cover is not provided, only a separate waterproof bag to be stored inside. Apparently, moisture got in through one of the holes made for the screws that secure the bracket to the bag. I disassembled it and added a silicone sealant around the hole. Let's see if it works

The silicone seal really worked. To be 110% accurate, I also waxed the bag as suggested by the manufacturer. Anyway, the bag is as dry as an alcoholic's throat after a heavy rain, so the problem is solved.

Hello
I was using my BMW OEM (actually produced by SW Motech) side bag (16l each side) for quite a while. I was caught by a heavy rain today when travelling to Norfolk and it failed. There is moisture at the bottom of the bag which is quite unfortunate as until now everything which was BMW branded was top notch quality wise. Anybody else had the same problem? Can this be fixed ?

Hello,

Do you think the BMW OEM mount for this bags will be compatible with the SW-Motech Legend Gear LC2 bags ? I already own a set of those bags that I want to use with my coming R18...

Hello,

Do you think the BMW OEM mount for this bags will be compatible with the SW-Motech Legend Gear LC2 bags ? I already own a set of those bags that I want to use with my coming R18...
Hello. Yes, they are compatible - but you will need to buy these OEM BMW mounts as they are an accessory.

Does anyone have the instructions for the OEM bags? I purchased a set and it came with some spacers. I'm not sure what they are for, they were not needed for the installation.

Back