Bell Bullitt

Anibal

Site Supporter
Hi everyone.
I have been toying with the idea to purchase a full face helmet (retro) to go with the bike for the winter months.
The Bell Bullitt keeps popping into my thoughts, but before I pull the trigger I wanted to know if anyone has tried/own one and what is it like?
I have an open face and a modular helmet that is about 5 years old, so it could do with a change fairly soon.
Seen reviews on YT and a lot of people complain about noise levels but surely it can’t be noisier than an open face or modular with the chin bar up.
Thinking to go for the black, white and gold to go with the 719 colour scheme on the bike, although the carbon one does look better I think.
Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0398.jpeg
    IMG_0398.jpeg
    532.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0399.jpeg
    IMG_0399.jpeg
    820.4 KB · Views: 5
Hi everyone.
I have been toying with the idea to purchase a full face helmet (retro) to go with the bike for the winter months.
The Bell Bullitt keeps popping into my thoughts, but before I pull the trigger I wanted to know if anyone has tried/own one and what is it like?
I have an open face and a modular helmet that is about 5 years old, so it could do with a change fairly soon.
Seen reviews on YT and a lot of people complain about noise levels but surely it can’t be noisier than an open face or modular with the chin bar up.
Thinking to go for the black, white and gold to go with the 719 colour scheme on the bike, although the carbon one does look better I think.
Cheers
My experience with Bell is the size.
I'd advise trying one on before you order it online without previously trying the fit. I ordered my usual size large for a Bell 500 and it was waaay too small.

The Bell Bullitt is an excellent helmet with a giant eye cut out. Not the quietest helmet, but I always wear earplugs anyway. They do run small so order up one size.

I had one years ago and just bought a carbon version for winter ........

Now for background info I have just changed from a Harley to the BMW and when I first used this helmet I thought how noisy it was .... so much so I left a poor review.

I then got to thinking that my normal helmet (an open face Davida) was what I thought quiet on the Harley .... popped it on and low and behold really noisy on the BMW !!

I think the BMW is just a very quiet bike and wind noise that I didn't notice before on the Harley due to the very loud pipes is just normal with a retro helmet - be it open face or not. The Harley exhaust noise just literally drowned it out.

Fit and finish on the Bell carbon is superb and I've just got a set of Earpeace ear plugs as I realise that perhaps I should have been using them for years :)

I know there are quieter helmets out there but to me they are ugly as sin.

I would say it is as noisy as the Davida - no better no worse

I have the Carbon (which goes on sale frequently on the Uncrate website). Great selection of shields. A little noisier than my Arai XD-4. I wear an XL in Arai, XXL in Bell. Well crafted, feels premium, cool bowling bag case it came with as well.

Back