Bagger vs Classic

I recently purchased a nice '22 R18 Classic, great bike! For the short time that I have owned her I have really enjoyed each and every ride.
Recently I started looking at the bagger version of the bike and am starting to think about selling the classic and moving up to the bagger.

The only downside that I could imagine is the windshield on the bagger not being tall enough for long distance riding.

Does anyone have any experience with both and any preference for one over the other?

Thanks for any input!

I had two Classics, a 2021FE and 2022. Loved them both but have since moved to a R18 Bagger.

My reason are; smoother ride, larger fuel tank, tubeless tires, cast wheels, fuel gauge and sheer looks. No regrets. Weight does not bother me, makes it more stable on the road and better wind protection. If you buy a 20222023 you get a killer interest rate, 4 free payments and other deals. A 2024 just has a low interest rate. See here:

https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/offers/limited-time-offers/heritage-offers.html

I preffer the "one" I have, life is simpler, cheaper and less dangerous that way.

For "one" feel free to insert "wife", "motorbike", "girlfiend", etc.

Though, for motorcycle "two" can work.... but not for wife.... as one is hard enough as is.

When I was doing my research on the R18, I first took the R18 FE for a ride.
I had fun but was not 100% convinced so the dealer gave me the B for 3 hours so that I could experience the bike and the rest is history.
Both machines are awesome to ride but in the end it all depends on personal preferences and cruising needs. Yes, the windshield is a bit low and to be honest the very first 20 minutes when test riding the bike gave me double vision but you then adjust your riding position a bit and there is no longer that much buffeting on the visor.
You can get an extension or buy the screen designed for the TC as well.
If you are thinking on the B take one for a test ride and see what you think of it.

The only downside that I could imagine is the windshield on the bagger not being tall enough for long distance riding.

Thanks for any input!

I'd say the trade in value you'd get offered might be another.

The only way to mitigate that to some extent would be to "sell and then buy" wisely privately.

I own a Classic. Love it.
Test drove a bagger. Felt like a dog. Too heavy
Steering was huge better at low speed.

David

25,000 on the Classic.

As a "small R18" owner I was at the dealer a few days ago looking over quite a large srock of R18's and it really struck me how the bagger and TC are sooo much "bigger"... one would need to be comfortable with that.... I found it a bit intimidating... a bit like the GS line. I'm sure if I had the need for one I'd get over it.

Switch to Bagger after the front tire on my classic exploded.

Fwiw.... my "brain" initially thought that your classic had tubed wheels (ie spoked)... and a benefit of changing would be a move to tubeless cast wheels.... however.... you seemed to have had a tubeless tire defect on a tubeless rim on your classic.... so pretty unlucky!

Back