Anyone install apes? Mini-apes?

Folo

Hello,

I've considered getting something in the 12-14'' height range of handlebar and was curious if anyone has done this already and to what cost? The handlebar appears to be a 1'' diameter bar so no big deal but the wiring harness and clutch lines seem to be harder to come by and cost a lot more from oem than I expected. Would appreciate some info on any of this.

Thanks!

Hello,

I've considered getting something in the 12-14'' height range of handlebar and was curious if anyone has done this already and to what cost? The handlebar appears to be a 1'' diameter bar so no big deal but the wiring harness and clutch lines seem to be harder to come by and cost a lot more from oem than I expected. Would appreciate some info on any of this.

Thanks!
Attached is the link to the download site for the installation instructions manual for the BMW OEM ape bars; it also calls out the hydraulic extension line kit within the document:

The forum site stated the PDF is too large:

Screenshot_20230320-063753.pngScreenshot_20230320-063753.png

Neat, thanks! I spent a good hour or so floating on the OEM site trying to find wiring harnesses but the layout for their diagrams is atrocious. Apparently there are 2 harnesses each side?

Update: So these PDFs are garbage? I found the ape hanger install for the classic and there aren't any part numbers in it? Am I reading this wrong? Shouldn't there be a kit of list of numbers associated with the install pdf?

Last edited:
Neat, thanks! I spent a good hour or so floating on the OEM site trying to find wiring harnesses but the layout for their diagrams is atrocious. Apparently there are 2 harnesses each side?

Update: So these PDFs are garbage? I found the ape hanger install for the classic and there aren't any part numbers in it? Am I reading this wrong? Shouldn't there be a kit of list of numbers associated with the install pdf?
I downloaded the 2022 R18 B install document; I'm not sure if you have a different model bike? I noticed that the wiring harness bundles on my Bagger is doubled-up in places; I assume that this is slack in the wiring for such upgrades?

You’ll have to zoom in but here are the part numbers for various combinations.

Attachments

• 7B89CBFC-89B9-4572-A1F8-06BCF03E48B7.jpeg
    7B89CBFC-89B9-4572-A1F8-06BCF03E48B7.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 16
They don’t 😂 that’s from a parts bulletin posted in the early days on here which I’ve kept in my downloads thinking it may come in use some day.

Back