Anyone have this new CarPlay thingy?

nice!

I thought about whether BMW would ever provide car play for the big tft screens on our baggers, but realized that will never happen without touch screen.

nice!

I thought about whether BMW would ever provide car play for the big tft screens on our baggers, but realized that will never happen without touch screen.
Why? I’ve had BMW cars with CarPlay and just used the idrive controller. One of them was touchscreen but I didn’t use it and it’s not a necessity for the CarPlay feature to function.

I realize this is like 8 months old thread, but I am new and reading through the forums.

I figured I would share that I had a 2019 Goldwing that had Apple CarPlay without a touch screen.

The CarPlay interface is designed to work without a touch screen, you just use the scroll wheel or whatever to navigate through the user interface and it works well. I miss that a lot.

It was one of the "negative" items on my pros/cons lists when debating between the R18 TC and an Indian Roadmaster. The Indian has CarPlay and the BMW does not.

Back