Annual Service

cabanza

I have the service light that came on. I've owned my bike and I am in between regular services - 600 miles service was done a few months ago but I am not quite yet at 6,000 miles. This is the first BMW I own that requires an annual service. Has anyone done it? What do they actually do? I can't imagine the bike needs anything.

There are a couple annual items listed in the manual that I wonder whether they’re tripping the service light. Transmission oil is after first year and then every other year after that. Brake fluid is the same.

You can get a Bluetooth odb reader and the supported app and reset the light for much cheaper than the gs911.

Ignore it, source a "gs911" tool that will reset this alert as well as handling future servicing functions or have the dealer do it if convenient. I wouldn't pay them as they should have reset the "clock" when they did your 600 service unless that was a year ago?

Anyway, the warning is triggered by mileage and/or calendar and you will see it change from "getting close, to due" as well.

The dealer tool or the gs911 allows the service reminder to be set and while the reminder you are seeing now likely started when the initial uncrating and set up was completed the only real time degrading item to consider would be the brake fluid flush. Being that the bike was stored inside(?) prior to purchase and now at your home with little or no exposure to the elements I personally wouldn't worry about fresh fluid and just handle it at the 6,000 service as it seems you're close to that anyway. It is easy to do and doesn't add much $ to a service.

Back