AIRBOX COVER BMW Accessory

I have always been a fan of the RSD deigns and the quality of their accessories. So I got sucked into buying the RSD stuff for my R18 as well. I would like to pick up this item to complete the look but BMW is making this stuff available at a snail’s pace.

I have always been a fan of the RSD deigns and the quality of their accessories. So I got sucked into buying the RSD stuff for my R18 as well. I would like to pick up this item to complete the look but BMW is making this stuff available at a snail’s pace.
Agreed, I was working at a Ducati dealer when the XDiavel was launched and the RSD pieces for that bike were amazing quality, I even bought the sprocket cover for the Monster 1200R I had at the time as that was a shared part. Difference being that Ducati had plenty of RSD accessories available from the off. I could probably have excused BMW at the launch of the R18 with covid/ shortages etc but not this far down the line.
When I ordered some bits for my B, I asked the dealer for details on the passenger backrest given that an instruction manual for fitting it is available on the Motorrad website 🤷🏼‍♂️ No sign of it anywhere on his system.

I was looking over the available accessories for the TC/B models; I'm trying to understand what BMW is selling when it comes to the AIRBOX COVER? Has anyone replaced the stock airbox cover; and if so, what's involved and is there any performance benefit (+HP..?)?

https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/service/manuals/install-manual.html#/section-further-manuals

View attachment 8467

I went out and looked at my bike this morning, which is a First Edition Model B; it looks like it might already have an upgraded Chrome AIRBOX COVER? Not sure if other TC/B "non-FE" models have a Chrome AIRBOX COVER?

1673194078767.png

Agreed, I was working at a Ducati dealer when the XDiavel was launched and the RSD pieces for that bike were amazing quality, I even bought the sprocket cover for the Monster 1200R I had at the time as that was a shared part. Difference being that Ducati had plenty of RSD accessories available from the off. I could probably have excused BMW at the launch of the R18 with covid/ shortages etc but not this far down the line.
When I ordered some bits for my B, I asked the dealer for details on the passenger backrest given that an instruction manual for fitting it is available on the Motorrad website 🤷🏼‍♂️ No sign of it anywhere on his system.
I have an Indian FTR 1200S that I used Indian accessory cash to deck out in every available RSD item they had available. I am impressed with every single item. They are like bike jewelry.

Back