Air Suspension

Kivela

Outside of a few over-the-top builds from Kodlin and Zillers I haven't seen any air suspensions being created for the R18.
After some searching I found that Arnott has promised to create one: https://arnottcycles.eu/blogs/news/coming-soon-the-first-air-ride-for-the-bmw-r18-series
Is anyone looking into an air ride upgrade or have a view on other brands planning to deliver one?

Might be interesting to have a suspension with the comfort of a Wilbers, but the added benefit of lowering the bike on a standstill for the visual appeal.

Got a message back from Arnott, they are slightly behind the plan of release but still positive in their intent it seems.

Regarding the range for those wondering (copy/paste from their mail):
The suspension range will be about 90mm (approx.. +40/-50mm measured at the center of the rear wheel) and off course it can be dropped while parking on the side stand. The angle will be reduced, but not below 10° on a leveled surface.

I'll be following up on the release and probably go for the air-route. Will keep you posted.

Okay! Update from Arnott.. I seem to have some availability, will keep you guys posted.. Is anyone else interested?? I may be able to do a group buy with the correct amount of pledges?

Did you ever get a chance to record something?
Yes and no... unfortunately we had a mishap with the video files and the install video has been slightly turned into a review and notes with some tips on the install. That should be up by the end of this week.. I had a jetski pump rebuild video that needed to be launched by today... so last night till like 11 I was scrambling for that! I will post the air suspension vid asap.. just a note while I'm here...... I did about 70 miles now.. since I've had it installed.. rode with and without the wife evenly and it really did make the ride better.. the best feature for me is that I can dump the suspension to help me maneuver in parking lots and right when I'm about to take off I just air up. 2nd best feature is the fact that I change the pressure on the fly depending if I'm 2 up or not.

Perfect, thanks my friend for adding those details, it really helps.

I am not too worried about low speed so much after the Helibars and the fact that I am 6'5" 🙂....

Looking forward to it.

Back