AFTERMARKET EXHAUST

What aftermarket exhausts have you guys installed, happy with, increased performance without reprogramming/flashing R18 First EDITION????? I want to bust a move real bad!

I have the Vance and Hines installed, it's very nicely made and bolted right up. It's not noticeably louder than my stock fish tails. I already had the tuner installed for a stock bike and it runs well with both exhausts.

I
Hi Hawaii
How's it sound? Any plans to cover the connection area with something chromed? what additional mods are you considering?
Sounds much better than the stock fishtail, saved a few pounds of weight and feels more powerful too, used original clamps for the fishtail for the short extension. Simple and easy mod.

I went with the Jekyll & Hyde exhaust; however I was able to get it at a discounted price... Its high quality..

View attachment 7978
I can't find any performance graph for J & H. There are nearly no performance specs on any aftermarket exhausts for r18s. Freedom Performance is the only one who published performance specs for their R18 exhausts that is easy to find on their website.
I want some noise, but, I want some performance too. Thx

Did the J & H increase your performance? If so where?Low end, mid range? Torque? I can't find any J & H published specs. Thx

I've had my R 18 B locked in "Rock" mode since purchased; except when practicing U-turns, I like "Rain" mode.

The J-&-H has a great sound when in Hyde mode; not deafening, but not timid either, definitely better than a sewing machine...

It feels a little more peppier; however, that might be subconscious or objective - I'd like to see a graphic showing before & after performance results.

The J&H exhaust system does have a control module which connects into the bike's wiring harness, not sure if it is controlling servos and such within the exhaust chain?

Picture of the Control Module:

IMG_20220923_172125958.jpg

I can't find any performance graph for J & H. There are nearly no performance specs on any aftermarket exhausts for r18s. Freedom Performance is the only one who published performance specs for their R18 exhausts that is easy to find on their website.
I want some noise, but, I want some performance too. Thx

Where did you find performance specs on Freedom Performance's website? I have their exhaust on my TC but have never seen any performance specs.

The chrome drive shaft is now completely visible.
View attachment 7980
Driveshaft? What about the chromed, BMW-badged rear swingarm bolt cover....which is pretty much entirely covered by the stock mufflers?

I don't think that the engine designers were speaking with the frame designers.

Find a decent-looking clamp-on chrome sheath that'll hide the ugly bits without looking busy, and you may have the least expensive fishtail muffler delete option available.

I had a hard time finding specs the first time. I will look again when I get a little extra time.
I spoke to Freedom Exhaust tech yesterday about fitment for my FE, etc. He confirmed the official company performance specs for the 4.5" standard slip -ns increase was officially 3-6 hp and 10 nm of torque. (10 Newton Meters =7.37 pounds feet of torque. If you have the time I would sure like to hear how they sound?????

I spoke to Freedom Exhaust tech yesterday about fitment for my FE, etc. He confirmed the official company performance specs for the 4.5" standard slip -ns increase was officially 3-6 hp and 10 nm of torque. (10 Newton Meters =7.37 pounds feet of torque. If you have the time I would sure like to hear how they sound?????

I posted a quicky video in this thread: https://www.r18forums.com/threads/look-what-was-delivered-today-freedom-performance.1598/

In that video, i'm holding the phone with one hand and the throttle with the other and as a result the mic is picking up more engine than exhaust but you get the idea.

The best video is in this thread:

https://www.r18forums.com/threads/freedom-4-5-exhaust.1288/

I have the freedom 4.5". I did the install myself. IMO it sounds great. Not Harley loud and obnoxious. No droning on long highway rides either. Here is a video.

Back