after stop sale, new TC owner in Pennsylvania

jaygee

Site Supporter
hello all. it’s stuck in stop sale purgatory but soon will bring home a mineral white TC.

always been a sport bike rider but ready to add a heavy touring bike to the stable. a test ride and the incentives on 2023s were all i needed. :)

any owners with a mineral white bike, is it as beautiful in person as in pictures?

i haven’t seen it in person yet, it’s a 2023 that’s been in a box in bmw’s NJ distribution center.

great dealer in Tyrone PA

I’m excited but the dealer is still in the dark on how to get through the stop sale so I don’t know when i’ll get to bring her home. :-(

Last edited:
hello all. it’s stuck in stop sale purgatory but soon will bring home a mineral white TC.

always been a sport bike rider but ready to add a heavy touring bike to the stable. a test ride and the incentives on 2023s were all i needed. :)

any owners with a mineral white bike, is it as beautiful in person as in pictures?

i haven’t seen it in person yet, it’s a 2023 that’s been in a box in bmw’s NJ distribution center.

great dealer in Tyrone PA so i’ll be less than the demo bikes for sale.

I’m excited but the dealer is still in the dark on how to get through the stop sale so I don’t know when i’ll get to bring her home. :-(
Congratulations on your new bike. Good things to those who wait 😉
Ok, not sure if what you are referring to as Mineral White is the one I have which is the Option 719 white. If it is, then you are in for a treat. No photo can make justice to the paint job in the flesh, specially when the sun is shining.

Attachments

• IMG_0189.jpeg
    IMG_0189.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0188.jpeg
    IMG_0188.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9762.jpeg
    IMG_9762.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9764.jpeg
    IMG_9764.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9763.jpeg
    IMG_9763.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 43
Congratulations on your new bike. Good things to those who wait 😉
Ok, not sure if what you are referring to as Mineral White is the one I have which is the Option 719 white. If it is, then you are in for a treat. No photo can make justice to the paint job in the flesh, specially when the sun is shining.
wow gorgeous bike Anibal. yes it’s same paint scheme. thank you for sharing the pics. wow, it is dazzling in the sun. now I'm even more excited. i sure hope they figure out what inspections or part is needed to get through the stop sale quick. i’m thinking about christening it with a trip down to the upcoming BMW rally in Alabama

Thank you Jaygee.
It is indeed a lovely colour scheme. The white is pearlescent and the dark sort of graphite or metallic volcanic ash color has lots of metal flakes on that comes lo life on the sun. Even the golden stripes have a metallic touch. At first sight I knew I loved it, (this is from someone who always went for black on cars and motorcycles)
but was worried about it looking like something out of CHiPs, but after a bit of time looking at it in the showroom from every possible angle, I convinced myself that I really loved it and I should not give a flying f**k whatever people may think so I pulled the trigger and now she is mine.

Thank you Jaygee.
It is indeed a lovely colour scheme. The white is pearlescent and the dark sort of graphite or metallic volcanic ash color has lots of metal flakes on that comes lo life on the sun. Even the golden stripes have a metallic touch. At first sight I knew I loved it, (this is from someone who always went for black on cars and motorcycles)
but was worried about it looking like something out of CHiPs, but after a bit of time looking at it in the showroom from every possible angle, I convinced myself that I really loved it and I should not give a flying f**k whatever people may think so I pulled the trigger and now she is mine.
I had been looking at some demo bikes in black and manhatten color but when I saw pics of the 719 mineral white, I loved it and asked my favorite dealer to see if they could find one.

Now that I pulled the trigger, doubt is trying to worm its way into my head so thank you for sharing how beautiful it is and that you have no regrets.

funny I also thought maybe too close to police bike paint, but decided it looks way to nice to be a police bike and maybe I'd embrace that aspect. if someone in a car is driving obnoxiously slow, I might flicker the running lights...maybe they'll pull over to the shoulder and I can zoom by, lol.

I bought my 2022R18TC there good people But still mad at no service manual ? its not them at Tyrone but BMW in all for not releasing one !

which dealer in PA

Still a stop sale for NA. the dealership has heard nothing from BMW. huge impact to their business so they're even more anxious than I am. hard to be in the business of selling motorcycles when your primary brand won't let you sell motorcycles

I think the wait is finally over- just got a call from my dealership that BMW has cleared the stop sale and you can proceed. Nothing got fixed, they validated that everything is working as they should be 🙏👏

finally she is mine. now i’m officially in the r18 club 😊View attachment 11994View attachment 11995View attachment 11996
Welcome! Great dealership & crew. Was just there Wednesday getting the 6k setvice on my TC. I needed a ridr to lunch so Josh loaned me a '23 RT and told me to put some miles on it... I didn't get enough for him as I started feeling guilty after about 3 hours.
That is one nice looking scooter. Looks loke you had a good ride home, too. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine!1000009520.jpg

Last edited:
Josh is the best. Love that guy. It was so nice to see him well. I was riding with him when he hit a deer in WV last month, so last time i had seen him he was being loaded into an ambulance.

TC is amazing. I’ve never had a big bike like this but I absolutely love it. It feels like I’m riding something so special and only you guys understand. 😄

It had 1 mile on it when I picked it up yesterday and it had 171 miles on it when I put it away for the night, ride home and then just cruising around country roads.

Of course now it’s raining all weekend. 😢

Back