Adaptation of the 24L tank from the R18 Bagger model for the R18 FE / Pure or R18 Classic

R18Holan

Because I get a lot of inquiries about how I moved the 24L tank from the Bagger model to the R18FE, I decided to write a list of necessary modifications
Adaptation of the 24L tank from the R18 Bagger model for the R18 FE / Pure or R18 Classic

list of needed parts:

- 24L tank (BMW) - internal components of the tank match 1:1 with the 16L tank
but I recommend installing them at an authorized BMW service center so as not to void the warranty
- the front mount should be cut because it is too long and drill 2-4 holes in it to connect with screws to the front adapter of the R18FE/Pure/Classic frame
- front adapter (prod. HOLAN)
- silver insulating mats (manufactured by BMW)
- 2 shock-absorbing rubbers (manufactured by BMW) for the Bagger frame (they need to be slightly modified because the frame under the tank in the Bagger mod is rectangular and round in the R18FE/Pure/Classic
- rear adapter (prod. HOLAN)

additional remarks:
- I do not know if the original plastic panel on top of the tank from the mods. Bagger will fit - probably NOT because there is another mounting point by the seat - I put on a leather belt with a metal element in the Heritage style (prod. HOLAN)
- I also recommend extending the upper fuel line to about 2 cm longer so that it is not so tight
IMG_3453.jpeg

This is fantastic. Do you have any pictures of the front mount modification? Did bmw service center do the modification for you?
How much was the project?
my company was doing a modification/adaptation. BMW only supplied me with a tank from Bagger ;) The total cost was around 2500 €
- tank approx. 2000 €
- additional above-mentioned accessories from BMW approx. 150€
- leather belt with Heritage element - approx. 200€
- adapters: front and rear - approx. 100€
- I do not count the labor myself ;)
IMG_9321.jpgIMG_9325.jpgIMG_9326.jpg3013D2D2-7A7C-484E-B1BB-8C847183761A_1_105_c.jpegIMG_9350.jpegZrzut ekranu 2023-06-21 o 23.19.01.png

Back