600 mile service details

R18 100

If any of you have recently had the 600 mile service, what exactly does the work order show was done?
Obviously the oils are changed and tire pressures checked, but I'd sure like to know some of those details before I take my new R18 to the dealer.

They do final drive oil change aswell. There wasn’t much on my invoice really other than what you said above……engine oil, oil.filter, gear oil and sundry crush washers, plus labour of course and VAT (tax).

Now, I’m in the UK. My BMW main dealer service was very reasonable at £154. It’s a different story in the US so ask for a quote and maybe shop around. We normally pay through the nose for absolutely everything so it makes a change for something to be better here, for once!

Last edited:
Again... Another new duplicated thread... If only there was a search function on this darn forum....

There's a couple of folks that posted the maintenance items; which coincidentally, is the same as the items printed in the owners manual...

I searched the following:

600 mile
Breakin
Maintenance

And got multiple pages; the point is, anyone trying to solve an issue on their own bike will have to sift through mindless post, before actually finding a post that can answer their question.

There are a couple of categories under the forum, there's an entire section around maintenance - it's sometimes worth reading first, before posting a mindless question which has been documented multiple times. The forum isn't Google, Google is a great place to ask questions... I wouldn't be surprised if you posted your question in Google, that it probably would have pointed you towards the forum.. you'll probably need to be a little more specific i.e. " R18 600 mile service details "

If any of you have recently had the 600 mile service, what exactly does the work order show was done?
Obviously the oils are changed and tire pressures checked, but I'd sure like to know some of those details before I take my new R18 to the dealer.
I don't mind the question being asked again...it's not like ANY of us are soooo busy it's an infuriating waste of time...We are ALL just on here bullshitting anyway....We ALL have the bike. We ride the bike. Not much to it really.
So were here shooting the shit....telling stories....

Back