5.7k miles (9.1k kms) original Michelin Commander III

No pictures but I’m only just hitting the wear bars now on the front and still have 2mm on the rear. Original commander 3s with 17.8k kms. New rubber goes on next Saturday.

Everyone has a different riding style , acceleration , braking , speed , personally i have always got around 9000 miles on my BMW bikes before a change , hope i get that on my 1800 Classic !!!.

Everyone has a different riding style , acceleration , braking , speed , personally i have always got around 9000 miles on my BMW bikes before a change , hope i get that on my 1800 Classic !!!.

I ride fast for the most part, probably 15 - 20 mph over the posted speed limit; in addition - I constantly used the front brake lever vs the foot brake lever, I've become extremely dependent on the distributed braking system on the R18.

I ride with my pointer & middle finger resting on the brake lever; I also use my pointer finger to help regulate my throttle control, especially when riding on rough pavement in order to keep my speed smooth.

Wow ... your tires look great for that mileage, my C3 front did this after @ 8000 miles:

Front Tire CIII.jpg

And now my rear @ almost 13 000 miles still has plenty of 'meat' on it, but is starting to do this
(all the way 'round) :

IMG_20240529_153725561.jpg

IMG_20240529_153718820.jpg

I must have just gotten a really bad batch ... just my luck :LOL:.
I changed the front to a Metzler Cruisetec and really like the way
it rides ... it is doing (3000 miles in) a bit of 'cupping' but it runs really good, so I won't change it

IMG_20240529_153849743_HDR.jpg

I think next time I will try the Metzler triple 8s, seems folks have made good experiences with them.

I am at 26,000km on my rear Michelin Commander III and just reached the wear bars, only got 6,000 km on the first front but got 20,000 km on the second tire. New set to be installed next week, happy with the performance of the Michelin Commander III.

Back