Seems like the bike could go into a storage type escrow. Buyer pays, bike gets locked up on a trickle charger, title clears, pick up the bike.
The bike is a steal....I would buy the damn thing if I didn't already have one....

The bike is financed through BMW Financial Services. They are quick to issue the title. It takes about 2-3 weeks to get the title or less.

Bill of sale (dated and signed by seller and buyer plus picture of driver's license) + taking the motorcycle with you = safe

I don't really see the problem...

Unless buyer wants to flip the bike and does not want to register bike in their name. Texas protects seller by having bike marked sold with buyer information in their database. That's added protection for me. In Texas, buyer has 30 days from day of purchase to register the bike.
Sold a bike back in 2017/2018, a '16 triumph scrambler, this way in FL. I did a bill of sale, gave a copy of my ID, the buyer did the same, etc. It's not that I disagree that they're scummy people out there, but for F's sake, at some point we have to trust people.

I had the same response - 'I don't know you, how do I know you're not trying to scam me, etc.' - when trying to sell my bike via FB marketplace. And the person wanted me to do this and do that, meet them at their bank, etc.; a bit entitled. I told them I was not interested in selling the bike to them.

Back