2021 BMW R18 First Edition

It has been several years since I owned a BMW but purchased a new leftover R18 First Edition on Saturday. In recent years I've been basically riding Italian bikes and Triumphs but liked the way this R18 looks. I currently have a Rocket 3 GT so I thought adding this didn't makes sense as the Rocket is basically my Cruiser. I was only able to put about 60 miles on it thus far but it is a totally different vibe. It feels like I'm riding a vintage bike but it has torque, electronics, and a warranty.

Congratulations and welcome! The Riii GT and the R18 are both so unique and while I haven't ridden this newest generation I'm guessing they are two very different "cruisers" in a very fun way. I'm a fan of Triumph triples too and would enjoy hearing your thoughts on the two after you get a few miles on your R18. The 18 breaks in nicely with a few Ks so don't be afraid to stretch her legs and check that the shop set the rear shock to your weight. It only takes a minute and there is a good thread on the forum and instructions in the manual. Makes a huge difference with the limited travel and I find the bike is as much Roadster in disguise as beautiful eye candy.

🍻🍻

Welcome to a vibrant forum on our big boxer. The sweet spot in 4th, 5th or 6th is 2,500 rpm. Bike just disappears. Love its looks and ride.

Welcome! My dad has an R3GT and man is that thing nice, but he ended up liking my Classic so much that he has been eyeing the R18B recently.
It has been several years since I owned a BMW but purchased a new leftover R18 First Edition on Saturday. In recent years I've been basically riding Italian bikes and Triumphs but liked the way this R18 looks. I currently have a Rocket 3 GT so I thought adding this didn't makes sense as the Rocket is basically my Cruiser. I was only able to put about 60 miles on it thus far but it is a totally different vibe. It feels like I'm riding a vintage bike but it has torque, electronics, and a warranty.

Back