100 Year Edition - Akrapovic Exhaust Baffle Removal

JAMUSAURUS

Site Supporter
Hi Everyone! JUST picked up my bike today - absolutely thrilled with this R18. Quick question....

During PDI, I asked the tech to pull the exhaust baffle from the 100 Year edition exhaust pipes. After 15 minutes of playing around, the tech came back and said they aren't removable and would likely require cutting? He admitted this is the first time he has actually looked at this pipe and wasn't fully sure how to proceed.

This is a different tune from the other videos I've seen of the aftermarket version (the black version) where you can remove the baffle after removing a tac-weld.

I haven't personally looked at the muffler yet since I just got in but I wanted to ask if anyone who has the 100 Year edition, have you tried to remove your baffle?

Over here in the UK/Europe baffles are welded in on Euro5 bikes. Even though the 100yr edition has the different exhaust as (factory) standard I would fully expect it to be the same. TBH I doubt very much there’s much if any restriction in those exhausts and wouldn’t go messing, if you want more noise and volume I would suggest you look at disabling the exhaust flappers first, because you can do that, try it and if you don’t like it re-connect the cables without damaging anything. I haven’t done this but forum owners have and there’s plenty of previous detail on the forum. Best of luck 👍.

Even though the 100yr edition has the different exhaust as (factory) standard I would fully expect it to be the same.

I suspect you're right or else they would have issue selling it in the EU....

I'll park this for now but if I uncover any info, I'll update this thread.

I'd assume it's the same as the akra pipes on the R9T. Euro 5 standards or some such required the baffles to be "permanent" as of 2021 I believe. Prior year R9T akra pipes had screw in baffles, then they welded them. I personally took a dremel to the welds (as did a lot of other folks). Not sure how practical that is in this application, but on the R9T the baffles were still 100% usable after cutting them out.

Hi there,
I wonder if drilling out the rear perforated mesh will help?
Will drilling out these places make the sound better?

Attachments

• IMG_2108.jpeg
    IMG_2108.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2105.jpeg
    IMG_2105.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2103.jpeg
    IMG_2103.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2096.jpeg
    IMG_2096.jpeg